IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jim goerge (Offline)
  #11 2/22/18 4:23 PM
LOL 50 MILLION LOL Is he buying Chandler?
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, thunder31
thunder31 (Offline)
  #12 2/22/18 4:54 PM
I do not know the alleged purchase price for the track or if he is for sure buying it or not. If he had the money the track would be his already. He has claimed in a few posts that if the stars align and his investors come through then he will have $50 million to invest in the track over the next 5 years. He has proposed that the property will eventually include a dirt track, pavement track, 1/4 mile dragstrip, a place for stadium off-road trucks to race, drive-in movie theater, soccer/football/baseball fields, and golf course. I can't make this stuff up.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, tirespinner
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #13 2/22/18 6:28 PM
Originally Posted by thunder31:
I do not know the alleged purchase price for the track or if he is for sure buying it or not. If he had the money the track would be his already. He has claimed in a few posts that if the stars align and his investors come through then he will have $50 million to invest in the track over the next 5 years. He has proposed that the property will eventually include a dirt track, pavement track, 1/4 mile dragstrip, a place for stadium off-road trucks to race, drive-in movie theater, soccer/football/baseball fields, and golf course. I can't make this stuff up.
I'm still waiting for X-Plex!

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, DAD, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, nathans1012, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, sprinter14, tirespinner, TQ29m
Chase Hightower (Offline)
  #14 2/23/18 9:12 AM
I hope I can get in line to invest before it’s too late! It is a gamble, but I should start seeing a return on investment in about 2437 if my calculations are correct? Owning a race track in the Midwest, the good old get rich quick scheme. Wonder when the F1 US Grand Prix will be moved to the facility?
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, tirespinner
Racer12 (Offline)
  #15 2/23/18 3:50 PM
Some of you amaze me... So someone had plans to revive a IN track that has sat dormant for many years till recently and you make fun of him??? It is a wonder that we have any track owners and promoters at all around here. Keyboard Jockey Raceway that’s what you all should start.

Bob

Bob
6 Likes: bighd0522, bjr1655, PAW, racer5c, sprinter14, Unlucky#9
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #16 2/23/18 5:04 PM
Originally Posted by Racer12:
Some of you amaze me... So someone had plans to revive a IN track that has sat dormant for many years till recently and you make fun of him??? It is a wonder that we have any track owners and promoters at all around here. Keyboard Jockey Raceway that’s what you all should start.

Bob

Bob
Race fan, yes. Naïve, no.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
3 Likes: bjr1655, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
brsteg (Offline)
  #17 2/23/18 6:20 PM
Originally Posted by Chase Hightower:
Wonder when the F1 US Grand Prix will be moved to the facility?
If it does, sign me up for a ticket.
2 Likes: jim goerge, sprinter14
Chase Hightower (Offline)
  #18 2/23/18 6:39 PM
It’s not difficult to find this guys history. Call it what you want. I’m just saying in the real world the guy is sketchy at best! He does everything with “investors” who have lost their money. It’d be great if it happens! That being said I don’t believe you go from losing your home, to investing $50,000,000 in a race track. I knew someone would knock what I said. But, at the same time you have to be realistic. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that.
5 Likes: bjr1655, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, PJ Wright
reno fontana (Offline)
  #19 5/1/18 1:20 AM
I can't help but shake my head and laugh at some of these comments.

If anyone wants an update from the only source that knows first hand all the details, PM me through FB with your question (s) and phone number and I'd be happy to bring you up to speed Reno Fontana,President and Founder, Movieland Speedpark.
luckybuc97 (Offline)
  #20 5/1/18 5:07 AM
Originally Posted by reno fontana:
I can't help but shake my head and laugh at some of these comments.

If anyone wants an update from the only source that knows first hand all the details, PM me through FB with your question (s) and phone number and I'd be happy to bring you up to speed Reno Fontana,President and Founder, Movieland Speedpark.
PM you through Facebook with my phone #? No thank you.