IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jjones752 (Offline)
  #11 12/18/17 12:44 PM
"Could there be two promoters working together with DuQuoin running Friday night and Dome running midgets on Saturday night as Dome moved late model dates to November 29th, 30th and December 1st for 2018. That would be a tremendous weekend for the midgets!!"

Great idea, except the Du Quoin race is Friday, Dec. 14th...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Simon_says17 (Offline)
  #12 12/18/17 4:18 PM
Originally Posted by ISF:
Has anyone heard the reason the December indoor race at Du Quoin was moved to Friday night?
I meant to ask Levi when I saw him but totally spaced it. Apparently Nick wasn't even aware of the change so still holding out hope it's a typo.
luckybuc97 (Offline)
  #13 12/18/17 4:51 PM
Originally Posted by nodramazone20:
Great event....cant wait to return again....3 cars coming from deep in the pack to challenge for the win...Fun watching Sunshine try and get to Bell's bumper...would have been interesting

I definitely was watching Sunshine trying to get there also as was most of the spectators. Great show as always tho.

Rick Roth
2 Likes: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, racenut69
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #14 12/18/17 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by jjones752:
"Could there be two promoters working together with DuQuoin running Friday night and Dome running midgets on Saturday night as Dome moved late model dates to November 29th, 30th and December 1st for 2018. That would be a tremendous weekend for the midgets!!"

Great idea, except the Du Quoin race is Friday, Dec. 14th...
Jim,

What I was referring to was that there might be nothing going on at Dome on the weekend in between and Dome could run midgets in one day show on Saturday, December 15th.

Bruce Eckel
2 Likes: jdull99, Pat O'Connor Fan
jjones752 (Offline)
  #15 12/19/17 6:34 AM
Oh, I get what you're saying now. Yeah, that would be cool if it worked out.

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
2 Likes: Pat O'Connor Fan, WinglessLovers
tmac39 (Offline)
  #16 12/19/17 9:23 AM
I hope it is open rules like chili bowl and no usac or powri give that into purse.
Dirteater (Offline)
  #17 12/19/17 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers:
Jim,

What I was referring to was that there might be nothing going on at Dome on the weekend in between and Dome could run midgets in one day show on Saturday, December 15th.

Bruce Eckel
From my understanding, the STL. Dome/Convention center has already been booked up on the weekend of Dec.15 2018 since last year at this time, when a 3 year contract was signed with the group that puts on the Gateway Nationals. That’s why the Gateway Nationals are Scheduled to race the weekend before the PRI show in 2018. Unless something has changed.

Now why the Knepper 55 is scheduled on December 14 2018, on a Friday night, is beyond me.
2 Likes: Simon_says17, WinglessLovers
Jschindler (Offline)
  #18 12/19/17 11:32 AM
USAC fixed the typo, its on the website schedule for Saturday Dec 15th
11 Likes: 2fast4u, BrentTFunk, Dirteater, flagboy55, jdull99, luckybuc97, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, racenut69, Simon_says17, WinglessLovers