IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ISF (Offline)
  #11 12/13/17 4:39 PM
Originally Posted by bsmith8:
Feb 2003. Tony Elliott won the A. It was a midget and sprint double header ran by the Rumble In Ft Wayne Guys. I can say I am 1 of only 4 guys to win a sprint car heat in the Hoosier Dome LOL (Was not to hard since I started on the pole). I am glad I can say I ran a sprint car and midget in the Hoosier Dome thanks to Tony and Millie Epperson.
Originally Posted by bsmith8:
Google 2003 Thunder In The Dome. Steve Hardin has some cool pictures and video of the race.
Was '03 the only time sprints were run in the Hoosier Dome?

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
bsmith8 (Offline)
  #12 12/13/17 4:58 PM
Originally Posted by ISF:
Was '03 the only time sprints were run in the Hoosier Dome?
Yes.
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #13 12/14/17 9:06 AM
I can say I ran a Sprint car at the dome,as Bobby said kinda hard to pass
5 Likes: 2HWrench, BrentTFunk, jim goerge, Leohr46, tirespinner
Last Lap (Offline)
  #14 12/14/17 9:29 AM
From what I saw it looked like the midget was more suited for the size of the track. This would be great if they ran it a little before the CB or just after. With everybody already in the midwest they could run twice. They already have paid to build the track so why not use it twice like the Shoot out and the CB more bang for the buck.
5 Likes: flagboy55, jdull99, jim goerge, oppweld, PIT CART
the1jet17 (Offline)
  #15 12/14/17 10:41 AM
My sprint car is ready for next year . I'm in if they schedule it.
5 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Kydehart, oppweld, RedRacer07
Dirteater (Offline)
  #16 12/14/17 10:56 AM
They surely won’t race the same weekend as the PRI show.
sprint18 (Offline)
  #17 12/14/17 2:49 PM
The Florida TQ's were also a support group for the Suncoast Dome. The Outlaws had a tough time the first night but the second they put on a show! The promoter skated out on the whole purse the second night and I think the dirt stayed in there for some time because he didn't pay the haul bill to bring it in. It was a neat event for a night!
2 Likes: interpreter66, jim goerge
cornerthree (Offline)
  #18 12/14/17 9:07 PM
Cody sure likes to stir things up. I figured someone would try and get in on the success that the Chili Bowl is. Hopefully not at the expense of the chili bowl. The midget hot laps looked good, sprints not so much. But still looked better then the lates and mod racing I saw last year.
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #19 12/14/17 10:04 PM
My guess is a midget/LM show next year on this same weekend. Pulls the fans from both worlds and doesn't interfere with pri, Christmas, new years, or Tulsa. Just my .02
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #20 12/14/17 10:06 PM
Other than the usac show.... Not sure what I was thinking. Scratch that post and carry on with your evening haha