IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #21 10/14/17 5:54 PM
Ron,it was all ovals in the 90s and early 2000s with the Indy Racing League! I'm not talking about C.A.R.T.!
2 Likes: duel, jdull99
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #22 10/14/17 7:34 PM
Portland would be ok if it was only in Portland Maine instead. Then,if you were there watching it and got bored you could walk down to the waterfront and get some fresh seafood,lobsters etc. For the outdoors person L.L. Bean is just up the road a bit,and if you are really bored you could always drop in to see what Stephen King is up to......
mc/rider (Offline)
  #23 10/15/17 2:07 AM
Originally Posted by treecitytornado:
Kentucky, Vegas, California, Richmond, Charlotte, Atlanta, a second Texas race, and the list goes on! Street racing normally sucks! Maybe Burke Lakefront Airport again!
Add the Du Quion,Indy, Springfield and maybe one in California

When in doubt Gas It
3 Likes: jdull99, nathans1012, treecitytornado
speed bump (Offline)
  #24 10/15/17 9:14 AM
My favorite races were at.... Michigan Int. Speedway .....wish they would go back there ....
Brickyard (Offline)
  #25 10/15/17 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by speed bump:
My favorite races were at.... Michigan Int. Speedway .....wish they would go back there ....
As much as people like to rail on Roger Penske, they'd be there if he still owned it. You can throw Auto Club and Nazareth into that mix as well. He's the main reason Detroit exists and as much as some of the tree hugging locals up there want that race gone, their island has benefited tremendously from having that event.

They all became ISC properties during the split. Michigan seems to have nothing to do with them, has even said they aren't a focus. Auto Club couldn't even entice a rat with free pizza to come to a race and we all know what has happened to Nazareth.
Puppy (Offline)
  #26 10/16/17 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
Add the Du Quion,Indy, Springfield and maybe one in California
Kydehart (Offline)
  #27 10/16/17 5:38 AM
I don't really particularly car for isc properties or their cookie cutter race tracks...
ronmil (Offline)
  #28 10/16/17 2:11 PM
Ron,it was all ovals in the 90s and early 2000s with the Indy Racing League! I'm not talking about C.A.R.T.!
I was going even further back to the days before CART, when USAC sanctioned the series. I attended the Hoosier Grand Prix (pretty sure that was what it was called) two or three times at IRP in the mid to late sixties. They also always ran at Riverside.

Ron Miller
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #29 10/16/17 4:28 PM
Sadly no one supported it. The crowds were terrible. In that time I bought $65 ticket at Indy for $5, NASCAR controls the ovals and they don't want them.