IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Fabrizio T. (Offline)
  #1 8/25/17 11:54 AM
Hello Friends,post one article from FB supermodified:
work in progress. This car is owned by Martin Holmes in Prince George, B.C. Canada. It was originally built by Gary Schlafer in Indianapolis but was never finished or run. Martin purchased it in 1990 but it was still never run and has been stored in my garage for the past 20+ years. We are now working on getting it finished, this is it mocked up with the original bodywork.
Any comment and information are appreciate,Thanks.
11 Likes: C Jagger, davidm, fishnman, hoosierhillbilly, jim goerge, PIT CART, rmcar, ronmil, SC65, Tony74, Wizard 05
jjones752 (Offline)
  #2 8/25/17 1:16 PM
That thing is beautifugly, in a brutal bada** sort of way. This may be what Indy Cars should look like...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
5 Likes: C Jagger, davidm, jim goerge, tirespinner, Wizard 05
Wizard 05 (Offline)
  #3 8/25/17 2:02 PM
That is one awesome piece of work..Man that is something i wish I would have found sometime..someday I'll find an old one to restore.
3 Likes: C Jagger, davidm, tirespinner
RacinBabe (Offline)
  #4 8/25/17 3:12 PM
There's nothing more beautiful than a supermodified!!!

Kelly
8 Likes: Bostonian, davidm, fishnman, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, PJ Wright, tirespinner, Wizard 05
racer-x (Offline)
  #5 8/25/17 5:11 PM
You should try to make that thing street legal!!
Keep the pictures coming as you get it completed please...
Backitin (Offline)
  #6 8/26/17 3:39 PM
Its everything I hate in racecars, basically a wedge/wing with a hugely offset engine. Its also extremely ugly. For some reason I love it and that your restoring it, lol. I agree it would be a bad street car. I find it so cool, the crazy stuff people build in their garages.
Were going to rebuild our minisprint into a motorcycle powered mini 23 T bucket.
bzneil (Offline)
  #7 8/26/17 5:33 PM
Love it!! Does the lower valve cover need an extra oil line out the side to get oil out and back to the sump?
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #8 8/27/17 12:07 AM
Batman will be proud