IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
drtracr (Offline)
  #1 8/11/17 6:21 PM
I have been Regional Parts Manager for Cummins Engine Co., Territory Manager for Kubota Engine Dist., Parts and Service Manager for a Ford Dealer, Account Manager for Lucas Oil, Technical Trainer for Navistar Truck, General manager for local body shop, Division manager for Cat Dealer's Ford Div.. Just think of the ways I can help you grow your business and make you more money, Contact me and lets talk.
Drtracr@aol.com
Jimmy Martin
205-790-8218
drtracr (Offline)
  #2 8/14/17 3:47 PM
move to the top
Andrew S. Quinn (Online)
  #3 8/14/17 4:03 PM
When I decided I had to live in Indiana and needed a job, I moved here and lived in my van, and beat the bushes by going out and lookingfor a job.

I didn't post on IOW numerous times.

My tactic must have worked. I live in Indiana, and never got a job through IOW!
7 Likes: bighd0522, Charles Nungester, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racer-x, tirespinner, TQ97
djcamp (Offline)
  #4 8/14/17 7:10 PM
Amen
drtracr (Offline)
  #5 8/14/17 10:25 PM
Andrew I am sure you are right, but will try anything that might help.
Andrew S. Quinn (Online)
  #6 8/15/17 9:56 AM
Originally Posted by drtracr:
Andrew I am sure you are right, but will try anything that might help.
1 post is fine, but you've started numerous posts on the same subject.

It's great to network and get ideas, but really, the best way I've found is to come here and physically look. There's help wanted signs out all over the city, maybe not what you want, but there are jobs here.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, racer-x, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #7 8/15/17 10:02 AM
"maybe not what you want" Thats the key phrase
This guy probably doesn't want to work at McDonalds, looking for a job in automotive industry
Sometimes you have to take a crappy job to survive, but I don't blame him for looking for something more fulfilling
No harm, no foul, IMHO, probably a bit embarassing for him to do this, hope he finds something good. Just skip the post if it bothers you
4 Likes: Backitin, bighd0522, progressive22, Speedwrench
revjimk (Offline)
  #8 8/15/17 10:07 AM
However, " the best way I've found is to come here and physically look." is a good point too. I used to be a welder, I found the best reply when looking for a job was "show up tomorrow & we'll see what you can do" Half the time when they asked you to fill out an application, it went in their desk & stayed there.
SO glad I don't have to deal with these "online applications only" nowadays!!!
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 8/15/17 10:09 AM
Times change and they always will. people are buying cars now on the internet. Ordering their parts over it etc.

Still some things don't. I've seen Danny Drinan posting for over a year he needs a fabricator and will pay well. Either not many people can do it. Or they're not reliable enough to keep it.

Even if Wood Shop, Or Welding wasn't your major, you should have taken it. Sad, Now days it isn't even offered. Every Metal shop left is advertising for help

Charles Nungester
revjimk (Offline)
  #10 8/15/17 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Times change and they always will. people are buying cars now on the internet. Ordering their parts over it etc.

Still some things don't. I've seen Danny Drinan posting for over a year he needs a fabricator and will pay well. Either not many people can do it. Or they're not reliable enough to keep it.

Even if Wood Shop, Or Welding wasn't your major, you should have taken it. Sad, Now days it isn't even offered. Every Metal shop left is advertising for help
I doubt if he's looking for a beginner
Maybe I should move to Hoosierland & take that job!