IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
JasonWatt
  #1 9/28/08 5:15 AM
Imagine you have just started a brand new team and you need to hire a driver. You have your chance to hire any driver, who would it be and why?

Please keep all ties to a certain driver out of the equation like family ties, business ties, etc Also please choose a driver that is currently racing. (No disrespect intended)

Base your answer on driving skill, marketability, and attitude among other things.

I would hire Hunter Schurenberg as he is a driver with a ton of upside and his results speak for themselves. He still has a little learning to do it seems with patience at times but he will be very marketable and always seems to be walking around with a smile on his face.

I do not personally know Hunter but have intentions on talking to him at a track real soon.

I am sure this thread will get some opinions flowing!!

Who do you hire?

Jason Watt
agar (Offline)
  #2 9/28/08 9:03 AM
CHASE BRISCOE He is Young he has been brought up to respect the sport & Equipment being young and a new team both will take the time to gell together he won't get shook if you don't win right away and of course you hire his father as your crew chief and be come a team for many years :checkered:
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #3 9/28/08 9:09 AM
SAMMY IMEL. The kid has some talent in a race car.:thumb

Josh clemons also Is a hell of a driver...If he just had the money he would be one of the best out there.Right now he is about Low budgeted as you can get and hes still running with the big dogs.Just think about how he would do if he had the money to improve his race car.
MWestfallfan54 (Offline)
  #4 9/28/08 10:02 AM
Matt Westfall. He just flat out knows how to drive a racecar!

Also Cole Whitt he is unbeatable at gas city! and the kid has some potential.
JasonWatt
  #5 9/28/08 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by agar:
CHASE BRISCOE He is Young he has been brought up to respect the sport & Equipment being young and a new team both will take the time to gell together he won't get shook if you don't win right away and of course you hire his father as your crew chief and be come a team for many years :checkered:

I have yet to see Chase race this year. I have seen his dad race though and know he was one hell of a driver (Still is!)

What the family did for Jerry Ruble tells what kind of people they are, definitely a class act.

Jason Watt
ThrottleHead (Offline)
  #6 9/28/08 10:51 AM
Thats a hard one. Shane Cottle is a whole package. John Memmer is too. I don't think I could pick just one tho! Can i get both??
jakethesnake
  #7 9/28/08 10:55 AM
Jeff Bland Jr. :thumb
1BIGracefan (Offline)
  #8 9/28/08 12:13 PM
For me it would be

1A Jimmy Light!!!!!
1B Casey Shuman!!!!!!
skids59 (Offline)
  #9 9/28/08 12:22 PM
With out a doubt, Mr. Pretty for Oakland City, Hud Cone. He is extremly versitile, Midgets sprints modifieds lm silver crown some pavement cars. He has good equipment right now but not top shelf stuff. He gets more out of his cars than anyone possibly could. Always has time for any fan that wants too see him and takes care of cars at any venue he's at. Shows extreme patience and prowess. If you have ever been around him in the pits 99% of prep is done when he unloads. Just watch him sometime you'll see what I mean. Yeah he's a little older than Hunter Bland Bacon Whitt etc but with that comes something irreplacable EXPIRENCE!!!!!:applaud:
JasonWatt
  #10 9/28/08 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by skids59:
With out a doubt, Mr. Pretty for Oakland City, Hud Cone. He is extremly versitile, Midgets sprints modifieds lm silver crown some pavement cars. He has good equipment right now but not top shelf stuff. He gets more out of his cars than anyone possibly could. Always has time for any fan that wants too see him and takes care of cars at any venue he's at. Shows extreme patience and prowess. If you have ever been around him in the pits 99% of prep is done when he unloads. Just watch him sometime you'll see what I mean. Yeah he's a little older than Hunter Bland Bacon Whitt etc but with that comes something irreplacable EXPIRENCE!!!!!:applaud:
Cone came across my mind also. Loved the interview with him and Kyle at Tri State Saturday.

One smooth driver... no doubt