IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #1 4/30/16 1:47 AM
Several racers have called so I'll post it right here...Yes at ALL my races DRIVER gets free pit pass....Drivers at entertainers and it is my belief that a driver should not pay to put on a show to "ENTERTAIN" the folks in the stands...This is with 15 cars or more and last week we had 22....14 or less it's $175 to start...The south is really starting to "DIG" the midgets...it was almost standing room only at the track we raced in the Carolina's
  1. $500
  2. $350
  3. $275
  4. $250
  5. $225
  6. $200
  7. thur 24th place
DRIVERS get FREE pit pass

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

8 Likes: Avon Open Wheel fan, Backitin, dirt40, Geoff Kaiser, jdsmotorsport, jdull99, Jesse B, stew60
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #2 4/30/16 12:51 PM
WHAT? A promoter with some common sense about not charging drivers for a pit pass. This is unheard of......
3 Likes: jdull99, PIT CART, stew60
dirt40 (Offline)
  #3 4/30/16 4:16 PM
Would love to see that payout in our area.
DAD (Offline)
  #4 4/30/16 5:11 PM
It sounds as if Wayne and the SSMS have been very lucky and come across one of those very rare these days promoters that can actually pay for the purse out of the front gate. Some promoters just can't do that because of great competition with other forms of recreation in the immediate area of their track. It is after all competition people and the racers needs to realize this fact. Most promoters would like to have larger purses but when up against a block buster movie, a football game, and a really good show on TV they have to be satisfied with what they have and often that is the back gate revenue to work out of.

Congratulation Wayne Davis !!!

Honest Dad himself
TheSheriff (Offline)
  #5 4/30/16 6:01 PM
Aren't you combining with 600cc sidewinders now?
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #6 5/1/16 4:37 AM
Originally Posted by TheSheriff:
Aren't you combining with 600cc sidewinders now?
Yes sir we have...we have done this on occasions and worked out just fine....We are still building this class down here and have to do WHATEVER it takes to put on a show.

There are 5 Lightning and 3 ecotec midgets that will not travel 2-3 hours for this kind of payout so we have to do what we have to for the fans....we put up and extra 300.00 for a mini/micro if they could out run the midgets,,,,one did and walked away with a $700.00 pay check

remember down here in the south most do not know what a midget is and tracks are wanting races ... we make sure NOT to put all the $$$$ on top cause it cost that racer that runs last the same in fuel to get there and maintenance (tires-oil-acc.). Most of the time they need the $$$ more then the guys up front

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

4 Likes: Avon Open Wheel fan, DAD, Geoff Kaiser, stew60
Backitin (Offline)
  #7 5/1/16 8:53 AM
I think its good to let the 600's run with the bigger cars, I think the 600's are going to stay hot. They are a great little starter car. Around here they are the ONLY nonwing cars around.