IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #1 4/17/16 5:33 PM
Does anyone know for sure if they will be running individual time trials? Hopefully so!
chastaj (Offline)
  #2 4/17/16 5:47 PM
MSCS went to a group qualifying process this year.
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #3 4/17/16 6:42 PM
That's too bad.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #4 4/18/16 10:03 AM
MSCS never ran time trials, it was always by the draw. I believe this year they are doing group qualifying. You may be thinking about USAC
3Cfan (Offline)
  #5 4/18/16 9:59 PM
I prefer the passing points for the heat race action.JMO
3 Likes: dshort36, jim goerge, SPD 37
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #6 4/19/16 2:53 PM
I for one could care less about qualifying. I prefer to just watch them race. I stay in the pits while time trials are going on always have always will.
2 Likes: jim goerge, PIT CART
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #7 4/19/16 5:51 PM
I think qualifying and inverts produce better heat races. Good job MSCS
10 Likes: agar, Backitin, FishBurger, flagboy55, jim goerge, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, sp6967, tamati, tirespinner
Backitin (Offline)
  #8 4/20/16 7:20 AM
I like time trials. One car at a time.
Its cool concentrating your focus on one car. You can really see how the car works. I love hearing them work the throttle.
13 Likes: Copperhead, dctracy79, EPSpeed, FishBurger, flagboy55, Hamby812, mc/rider, Pat O'Connor Fan, SHORTBUS, sp6967, SScott7, tirespinner, turn4
TQ29m (Online)
  #9 4/20/16 9:59 AM
I always have preferred qualifying, over any other method, when I was driving, I felt like how ever it turned out, it was my last chance at the track surface, just me, by myself, to see what if anything needed changed, and sometimes, after hot laps, you may be very close to something failing, and it might be the difference between starting the feature, and loading up early. Give me qualifying any day, or night. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
4 Likes: EPSpeed, FishBurger, sp6967, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #10 4/20/16 11:12 AM
To me, hotlaps and qualifying are half the show at THAT Go in the infield turn one and watch hotlaps. You can read the Hoosier on the LF. Watch em single car qualify and the number that bike it.

It's cool as heck and too me, separates the men from the boys. No, Im not callin anyone a boy. Just more experienced and the vets still have trouble some time at that track.

I said something about a year or two ago about car counts slipping, Well most tracks don't qualify anymore and its sad, its a part of racin and always has been and in USAC its oh so important for drivers to learn that dicipline.

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: 2fast4u, dctracy79, FishBurger, randy j, sp6967