IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Kuhn74 (Offline)
  #1 5/25/15 5:06 PM
Glad to see BC at Indy again. Not sure if it was the right team/opportunity either time, but still cool to see.

Just curious to see what everyone would do if they had the opportunity........

Here is how it goes.............

Next year is the 100th Running of the Greatest Race in the World! You have come across some money and have the opportunity to field a car in the Indy 500.

Which team would you partner with to field a car for the race? (Assuming they would all add an additional car for the right price).

Which AMERICAN, open wheel DRIVER would you put in your seat? You can name anyone you want obviously. I am wondering more about guys who have not had an opportunity yet in Indycar or NASCAR. Who is the most deserving guy out there if you could do it? WoO guy? Sprint/Midget/SC guy? Open wheel modified guy? Could be a 40 year old or an 18 year old => Ultimately, who do you think is the MOST DESERVING?

What would you do?

Before everyone gets too wound up...........this is just for fun!
5 Likes: dctracy79, FishBurger, i love dirt track racing, Pat O'Connor Fan, team3521
Hammer down (Offline)
  #2 5/25/15 5:56 PM
That's a hard one.... I'd say for your money and or sponsor to get the best bang, and have a car slash driver go the distance. You know that's a battle in its self to have a car finish, if you can get in the show. That's what open wheel fans want out of there drivers, to be able to watch them go the distance. That adds a little sting to the Goodyears in the booth.IMOP of course. I'd say for patience and longevity. Jerry Coons Jr. Would have to be asked. He's a smart driver that could go the distance. He's been in a lot of different cars/rides. He doesn't put him self and others in danger. That would definitely get me back to watching it. I listen to bits of it on the radio but when BC crashed, I was done.
mc/rider (Online)
  #3 5/25/15 6:09 PM
T Mez

When in doubt Gas It
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #4 5/25/15 6:13 PM
Bacon!

Charles Nungester
dirtbag (Offline)
  #5 5/25/15 6:17 PM
Me
HARFprez (Offline)
  #6 5/25/15 7:16 PM
The last 2 years i have seen Rico cruising pit lane and shakin' alot of hands. Would add some history to the books also.
ossuks (Offline)
  #7 5/25/15 8:40 PM
Team Penske

Bobby Santos/Darren Hagan
4 Likes: Bostonian, jhendo8, rockstar5, team3521
DAD (Offline)
  #8 5/25/15 10:19 PM
The sad truth>>>> only one ride was out there this year that was earned by driver for having talent and if lucky that ride will be available next year. If Modern Indy cars require more Money than Talent to drive them possibly maybe it time to look for another form of racing to get excited about.

Drivers with talent seem tend to go south drivers with money tend to drive Indy cars.

Honest Dad himself
3 Likes: billwill, FishBurger, jim goerge
speedbump (Offline)
  #9 5/25/15 10:21 PM
I would put Kyle Larson in one
3 Likes: billwill, i love dirt track racing, jerrydt
snoopy (Offline)
  #10 5/25/15 11:10 PM
Find more money get 2 and put the brothers Swanson in them.
5 Likes: billwill, Mattmac05, racephoto1, sprntr, team3521