IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
DIZZLE (Offline)
  #1 12/18/14 6:51 PM
Passed away yesterday after noon.. one of the best to strap in a nw or wing at warsaw speedway....RIP Bimbo
13 Likes: BrentTFunk, C Jagger, Charles Nungester, DaveP63, dstensland, EBookerFan, K9Racer, old time Hoosier, Pat O'Connor Fan, rapid robert, Russ, sc17x, short track scott
Gw275 (Offline)
  #2 12/18/14 8:22 PM
Sad to hear that. Loved watching him race. R.I.P.
3 Likes: awon24, Pat O'Connor Fan, Seadog
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 12/19/14 6:59 PM
I don't think I ever seen Bimbo race, But I'd heard of him through the Mid American's and Speedsports I'd pick up at Eldora or Burg. One day about 25 years ago, Im at Cedar Point waiting in a long line. I got a sprint car shirt on. Dude about 20 people in front of me has a Bimbo Adkins shirt on. Well It's Kevin Adkins. We hung out and talked racing for the better part of five or six hours while waiting in lines and it was like family. Haven talked with Kevin since but seen him race.

Good luck Kevin at the Rumble. R.I.P Bimbo!

Charles Nungester
ka34 (Offline)
  #4 12/20/14 5:09 AM
Thanks for all the support, My brother, my best friend will be missed by all who knew him! A ton of racers tonight at the viewing! This has been a very hard few days and hope I can do the 36a number proud next weekend! And ya a few beers drank, Thanks again Kevin Atkins
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, CSmith66, K9Racer, LUCKYONE, PIT CART, Russ, short track scott, TommyTipover
ICANCU (Offline)
  #5 12/20/14 9:21 AM
Kevin, very sorry to hear about your brother. It seemed he ALWAYS had a smile on his face. Hellva racer ! I'm sure you will make him proud!
Steve Imel
Russ (Offline)
  #6 12/20/14 11:52 PM
Saw Bimbo Atkins race a bunch at the old Kokomo Speedway. He was a very good racer. RIP Bimbo.
Tim Bookmiller (Offline)
  #7 12/21/14 12:40 AM
A good racer -friend and perfect gentleman -rip Bimbo -the memories will last forever