IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
race0 (Offline)
  #1 7/5/14 11:11 PM
can anybody explain to me how u.s.a.c lines up their feature events. I have just started following sprints and midgets and am having a little trouble keeping up... I am a u.m.p modified fan, and the features are usually lined up off of the heat race finishes most of the time. thanks in advance p.s I am not bashing I am just trying to learn about u.s.a.c
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #2 7/5/14 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by race0:
can anybody explain to me how u.s.a.c lines up their feature events. I have just started following sprints and midgets and am having a little trouble keeping up... I am a u.m.p modified fan, and the features are usually lined up off of the heat race finishes most of the time. thanks in advance p.s I am not bashing I am just trying to learn about u.s.a.c
Feature is lined up by qualifying time with the fastest 6 inverted. You have to finish in the top 4 to get your qualifying time back. Last night at LPS there were only 24 cars and 3 heats so they took the first 5 in each heat. If one of the fastest 6 qualifiers doesn't finish in a transfer spot then they have to run the B main and finish in a transfer spot. If they do the best they can start is 7th in the feature.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, jwl, mc/rider, speed bump
race0 (Offline)
  #3 7/6/14 12:09 AM
thanks a bunch cowboy... it is a little different than I am used to, but it makes sense now.. I am looking forward to the sprint week deal,, it should be awesome... thanks again
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #4 7/6/14 1:55 AM
thanks a bunch cowboy... it is a little different than I am used to, but it makes sense now.. I am looking forward to the sprint week deal,, it should be awesome... thanks again
Have fun and hope you enjoy the greatest show on dirt ( non wing sprint car raceing )
Johnhunt (Offline)
  #5 7/6/14 10:39 AM
It will be awesome.