IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Kevin O'Neal (Offline)
  #1 2/12/14 4:22 PM
Since the snow won't melt any time soon - if ever - here's a glance back at a 2003 indoor race at the RCA Dome, which featured sprint cars.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, DAD, kcarm92, racegal, racer5c, racing2bwithu2, racinjason40
DAD (Offline)
  #2 2/12/14 4:43 PM
Originally Posted by Kevin O'Neal:
Since the snow won't melt any time soon - if ever - here's a glance back at a 2003 indoor race at the RCA Dome, which featured sprint cars.
Some of them midgets look like they had a glandular problem or they grew them bigger back then I guess. Did they have a reverse gear so they could pull down in the turn then back up to head down the next straight?

We do have an indoor race in southern Illinois this weekend.

Honest Dad himself
Bill84 (Offline)
  #3 2/12/14 5:25 PM
Any photos of the micros that raced? The car I own now was there, and it would be cool to find some photos of it from back then. It was a silver Concept with a #2 on it.

Bill
Kevin O'Neal (Offline)
  #4 2/12/14 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Bill84:
Any photos of the micros that raced? The car I own now was there, and it would be cool to find some photos of it from back then. It was a silver Concept with a #2 on it.

Bill
Sorry, those were the only pictures I could find.
rick (Offline)
  #5 12/21/14 6:16 PM
HI Bill, This is rick Rhodes i just wanted to tell you i was the driver of your #2 car i was the only driver of that car until mike sold it . I have some really nice photos of it i just seen a pic on the rumble site . It brings back memorys.
short track scott (Offline)
  #6 12/22/14 10:35 AM
Hey Kevin,

Thanks for putting those up! Brings back a ton of memories from that night. Proof that even best intentioned ideas can have some real pitfalls.

Racing in the dome was a highlight to the winter for a lot of us who couldn't get to Tulsa.

Hoping all is well and to see you at the races in 2015