IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
HARFprez (Offline)
  #1 1/18/14 11:29 PM
MAV TV takes over when Speed falls on their face. Live Chili Bowl tonight and LIVE East Bay in February. And in the spring, the new Dave dispain show. As long as they stay in this groove and don't start showing the world series of poker or cheerleading contests they will soon be THE sports network. jmho, bob
21 Likes: agar, Chastain75, davidm, dickster, EBookerFan, interpreter66, jerrydt, Johnhunt, kart31rac, martz32, midgetmaniac, mtek56, Puppy, Ricks Pics, robert gatten, Russell Ficklin, speed bump, thunderracing91, VSneader2, Will Shunk, wrtracing
IndyBound (Offline)
  #2 1/19/14 12:06 AM
Only problem we have here in AZ., the girl I talked to at Cox cable has never heard of MAV TV. So no Dave Dispain for me unless I change my provider. I miss watching Dave on Sunday nights.
3 Likes: Brakeline, Chastain75, leftturnonly
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #3 1/19/14 2:13 AM
No DirectTV or MAVtv in Canada. Sounds like you guys are in for a real treat. But Lucas Oil does spread plenty of sponsorship money around a couple of our tracks, and I am hopeful thats a start.
badcoupe (Offline)
  #4 1/19/14 2:17 AM
Comcast here doesn't offer it, unfortunately I spend 300 per month with them. I had to go to my brother in laws to watch tonight on dish network. Comcast is for sure getting a call from me tommorrow about this
cmakin (Offline)
  #5 1/19/14 3:14 AM
Originally Posted by badcoupe:
Comcast here doesn't offer it, unfortunately I spend 300 per month with them. I had to go to my brother in laws to watch tonight on dish network. Comcast is for sure getting a call from me tommorrow about this
300 a month? I spend 125 with DirecTV and get it. Oh, but I have cancelled all of the movie channels.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
robert gatten (Offline)
  #6 1/19/14 9:54 AM
moving back to Indiana and will only go with provider that has MAV TV. Just hope they stay with the dirt and leave the asphalt to ESPN.
rdzsprint (Offline)
  #7 1/19/14 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by badcoupe:
Might try DIRECTV, watched the race last night and my bill is $70 a month.
badcoupe (Offline)
  #8 1/19/14 11:26 AM
I have business class internet for my shop as well as two phone lines with them hence the bill. Either way how could you not a motorsports channel in indiana? I love the channel what I got to see of it tonight, sprint cars all kinds of stuff before the bowl on.
robert gatten (Offline)
  #9 1/19/14 3:25 PM
also hope Dave Dispain Show stays mainly about dirt racers and not turn into another NASCAR show that has 30 seconds about sprints and midgets as "wind tunnel" turned out to be.
on_the_edge (Offline)
  #10 1/19/14 3:40 PM
Originally Posted by robert gatten:
also hope Dave Dispain Show stays mainly about dirt racers and not turn into another NASCAR show that has 30 seconds about sprints and midgets as "wind tunnel" turned out to be.
I can see his new show being more well rounded I would say speed had a lot of dictation on what he was to cover. Despain likes the open wheel stuff and will probably cover more hopefully having a few open wheel guys make appearances on his show. A studio in Indy where guys could get invited to be on camera would be a great thing for his show I do believe.

"It's the fastest who get paid, and the fastest who get laid".
3 Likes: dirt330, mowerman, robert gatten