Originally Posted by racephoto1:
After the last attempt at a day race:

IMG_3188 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

I presume this will be a night race.
I'm sure T-Mez would hope so.
4 Likes: gail s, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, racephoto1
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #4 3/27/13 8:12 AM
Guessing night, but let's remember... Those in charge of track prep, weren't in charge the last time. Also, would be easier to do a day show in April than July. If it COULD be done, this group could do it.
12 Likes: cowboyhar69, D.N.3, dirtball, dirtnonwingfan, gail s, koolaid89, mowerman, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, racephoto1, speed bump, terrehautian
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #5 3/27/13 9:30 AM
I just hope cars and fans both show up in good numbers. The track will be fine, I'm sure.

Posted via Mobile Device

For those about to rock, we salute you.
8 Likes: cowboyhar69, dirtnonwingfan, koolaid89, Pat O'Connor Fan, racephoto1, speed bump, sw1911, UberKuhlMan
UberKuhlMan (Offline)
  #6 3/27/13 12:13 PM
I'd hope that it is a day show, just out of selfish reasons alone. However, I will try and make it even if it is a night race, and a school night
K-Dawg30 (Offline)
  #7 3/27/13 12:56 PM
Hope I can make it... I go to school in Stl Monday morning and will be racing myself on Saturday night in Southern Illinois.
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #8 3/27/13 3:49 PM
Just received a call back from Track Enterprises...here is the schedule

Gates open..............Noon
Drivers meeting........2:30
Hot laps..................3:00
Mod heats...............4:00
Silver Crown TT........4:30
Mod feature.............5:00
Pre race festivities....5:45
Silver Crown feature..6:00

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, flatout, interpreter66, K-Dawg30, openwheelKT, racephoto1, Steve Wendel
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #9 3/27/13 5:34 PM
Originally Posted by racephoto1:
After the last attempt at a day race:

IMG_3188 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

I presume this will be a night race.
I am glad all motorsports media are not as negative as you are. For a guy who claims to love these cars over all others, you sure know how to make an event look uninviting. I will be there, and for the record the last late afternoon race at Terre Haute was an MSCS race last April, won by Robert Ballou, and was a very good race.
11 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, Coach, cowboyhar69, Crankin, DaveP63, fish, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, koolaid89, mowerman, TBONE
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #10 3/27/13 9:04 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I am glad all motorsports media are not as negative as you are. For a guy who claims to love these cars over all others, you sure know how to make an event look uninviting. I will be there, and for the record the last late afternoon race at Terre Haute was an MSCS race last April, won by Robert Ballou, and was a very good race.

Mr. Funk , I'm sorry I forgot the MSCS race . That was an excellent show. The O'Conner's didn't do track prep for the day Champ Car race. That was why it was a debacle.

With the people running the show now, it shouldn't be like it was the last time they ran the big cars in the daylight.
2 Likes: E.P., Rpracing1