IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirt330 (Offline)
  #1 2/11/13 12:52 PM
With the price of gas going through the roof there will many fans unable to attend may races this up coming season. How about a special forum just for car pooling to races ? You could list races with rides to and from and who is looking for rides. Would be a great way to meet other open wheel race fans . Remember we are all in the same boat with this ongoing problem. Just my thought. I believe it has a change to work for some.
15 Likes: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, ChadSmith, cwfan08, Deansnuts, dirtfan24, dirtnonwingfan, Gregg, jim goerge, oldbutnew, racegal, racephoto1, racing2bwithu2, scottyCbus, Sprint car fan, SprintManDave
Deansnuts (Offline)
  #2 2/11/13 1:27 PM
Wow what a great thought...There is no reason for this not to work..need to get the old ascot bus...lol....thanks Dean Buckley....
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #3 2/11/13 1:32 PM
This is a great idea anytime someone wants to ride with me and my son to a race and chip in on gas that would be awesome with us!! We can get in the grocery getter and go!!
Jrp4554 (Offline)
  #4 2/11/13 7:00 PM
great idea. I did this last season and met some good people.

Posted via Mobile Device
oldbutnew (Offline)
  #5 2/12/13 8:39 PM
I have been hoping someone would do this for a long time. The price of gas is one thing but getting to know other race fans would be very nice and being old having a younger person drive home at midnight sounds good. I have wondered if enough people would be interested in chartering a bus to big events. A two hour ride on a bus then sitting together at the track with 20 race fans sounds like fun. How many would be interested in a bus from Bloomington to Indianapolis 500 or little 500 or Kokomo?
2 Likes: jim goerge, scottyCbus
dirt330 (Offline)
  #6 2/12/13 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by oldbutnew:
I have been hoping someone would do this for a long time. The price of gas is one thing but getting to know other race fans would be very nice and being old having a younger person drive home at midnight sounds good. I have wondered if enough people would be interested in chartering a bus to big events. A two hour ride on a bus then sitting together at the track with 20 race fans sounds like fun. How many would be interested in a bus from Bloomington to Indianapolis 500 or little 500 or Kokomo?
Living in Indy makes it easy for me to attend above mentioned tracks. I would be happy to share rides to tracks like Bloomington, lincoln park, Eldora, Terre Haute etc. I have looked into chatering buses in the past.You better have deep pockets just for the deposit. When I know in advance I'am going to these tracks I'll post info for car pooling. Live on far southside of Indy, Greenwood area.
JazzTrombonist (Offline)
  #7 2/12/13 11:38 PM
I don't know how many buckeyes we have on here, but I am going to try to hit most of the BOSS races, Waynesfield, USAC @Eldora, etc...

Posted via Mobile Device
ChadSmith (Offline)
  #8 2/15/13 8:35 AM
I'm in Brownsburg and am always open for carpooling to Kokomo and anywhere on Saturday night.

Posted via Mobile Device
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #9 2/15/13 9:36 AM
I'm up north in Chesteton and go to Kokomo most Sunday nights.

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #10 2/16/13 8:56 PM
I could use a ride some Friday mornings. Pick me up at my house in cheeseland and bring me home Sunday night after Kokomo. I'll go to any tracks you will take me to.
4 Likes: apexonephoto, dirt330, LUCKYONE, Mud Packer