IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #1 1/26/13 10:36 PM
Today while watching the 24 hours of Daytona, they were interviewing AJ. They brought up Tony , and AJ said Tony had talked about whay he'd won. AJ replied,"Your not on the Borg Warner''. Can't argue with that.
17 Likes: Bruce Harrison, Charles Nungester, EBookerFan, Eldora Three, interpreter66, jdull99, jim goerge, Jimmydiesel, John P Huss, leo4502003, Mud Packer, Red Hat, robert gatten, ronmil, speed bump, sprintracer82, turn4
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #2 1/27/13 4:06 AM
I thought it was hillarious! Tony brags to me all the time about his Nascar Championship Rings. My reply. "I don't see your face on the Borg Warner son"

Charles Nungester
7 Likes: Bruce Harrison, dirtfan24, interpreter66, Jimmydiesel, luckybuc97, speed bump, sprintracer82
sprintracer82 (Offline)
  #3 1/27/13 10:02 AM
I think its time tony goes after that win as hard as he chases nascar championships.

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: Bruce Harrison, cmakin, PIT CART
backitin
  #4 1/27/13 10:58 AM
They literally dont make them like foyt anymore. Racers today HAVE to spend as much time polishing their image as being racecar drivers. Foyt can do it all, todays racers tend to be more specific orientated. When drivers do switch from one series to another usually they havent mastered one form of racing before muddling it up by putting effort in some other form, maybe just for publicity. Say like maybe if Danica goes and runs Indy while she should be concentrating on here new trade.
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #5 1/27/13 12:14 PM
They only made one like AJ Foyt in his generation, too. Drivers that can seamlessly move from one type of race car, racing surface, etc., go fast and win, are truly rare birds. Tony Stewart is definitely one of those birds. Looks like Kyle Larson could be one, too. Only time will tell.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
10 Likes: billwill7, Bruce Harrison, CactusCrew, dirtball, i love dirt track racing, Jimmydiesel, luckybuc97, mtek56, Pick Five, ronmil
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #6 1/27/13 12:17 PM
Foyt and Mario, the only 2 from that era. Maybe Ruby too. Ol ' Rube drove and won in everything.From dirt tracks to Sebring.
5 Likes: Bruce Harrison, CactusCrew, ffrid, ronmil, SC90
coxie bowman (Offline)
  #7 1/27/13 12:39 PM
As far as I'm concerned, I'm pretty sure Tony could win it and get on the Borg Warner. I'm not sure if he could SURVIVE all the SQUIRRELS.
5 Likes: fish, hairracer44, leo4502003, SPRINTCAR, team3521
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #8 1/27/13 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by backitin:
They literally dont make them like Foyt anymore.
That they don't. Tony might be the closest we ever see.
3 Likes: billwill7, randy j, SPRINTCAR
backitin
  #9 1/27/13 1:28 PM
Originally Posted by Midget 89:
That they don't. Tony might be the closest we ever see.
I'll give you that, if Tony raced in AJ's era I'm sure his name would be on the trophy. That being said it isnt and isnt likely to be on it.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #10 1/27/13 1:58 PM
Quick Tony, Run Indy while Danica's in Napcar.

Charles Nungester