IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #1 7/7/12 2:03 PM
Per USAC Facebook.

Tonights USAC Mopar National and Ignite Midget races at Plymouth Speedway are cancelled due to the extreme heat.

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
racer-x (Offline)
  #2 7/7/12 2:05 PM
How did we ever live through the heat when we were kids?
sfracer55 (Offline)
  #3 7/7/12 2:12 PM
USAC has cancelled their portion of the event tonight. However Plymouth will still be running 600 minisprints and Hornets tonight on the dirt. We agree it is hot but by 8pm the temps will be down into the mid 80s. The track is ready for racing.

Posted via Mobile Device
Tim Clauson (Offline)
  #4 7/7/12 2:14 PM
Willl sprint week be cancelled if the temps are 100 degrees ?

Posted via Mobile Device
10 Likes: BeerCloud, Charles Nungester, duggerdirt44, IndyBound, Jackslash.com, jim goerge, mowerman, Mud Packer, openwheelKT, PJ Wright
Tall Jackson (Offline)
  #5 7/7/12 2:23 PM
It was'nt too hot yesterday?? What a joke.
Clydesdale (Offline)
  #6 7/7/12 2:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tall Jackson:
It was'nt too hot yesterday?? What a joke.
That's exactly what I thought. I was actually thinking about heading up. Luckily I saw this post. What about the people already on their way up there? Isn't it kind of late in the day to make this decision? A lot of teams all had the expense of getting hotels up there to stay for tonight. Plymoth's going to have a mess on their hands too, because they were selling two day tickets at a discounted price if you bought in advance. I wonder if it's more than just the heat, if they started looking at the track today and thought it was too small, or not going to be safe?
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #7 7/7/12 2:31 PM
Wow, gotta say I've never seen anything like that before. Tracks says its OK to race, USAC says no. Saw some of the teams at Walmart stocking up on supplies for the heat. Pretty big waste to stay over for them. Pretty sure the temps were known all week. This one makes little sense to me when the heat was known.

Enjoyed last night's show. Was looking forward to see what the dirt would hold. THANKS to the track for having SOMETHING tonight so it wasn't a waste to stay over. I'll be out there.

We are supposed to believe if this same weather occurs during Sprint Week that they will cancel a few hours before the show? Sorry, not buying it.

Posted via Mobile Device
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #8 7/7/12 2:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Clauson:
Willl sprint week be cancelled if the temps are 100 degrees ?

Posted via Mobile Device
W.W.B.K.D.??.............the one out west won Fri. USAC 360 @ Ocean!!...20 cars....28 midgets('Kruzer)...........
  #9 7/7/12 2:37 PM
Prolly low car count and fan count

Posted via Mobile Device
richie (Offline)
  #10 7/7/12 2:42 PM
Well, I was just about to head up to Plymouth before I saw this post. Was really looking forward to seeing a track I hadn't seen before. They ran last night and it's just as hot as it was yesterday, plus they are the only class that cancelled. Something doesn't seem right here.