IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
REALDEAL (Offline)
  #1 7/4/12 12:25 PM
Hey everyone... there is a petition going around to put Indiana back on central time. There are many good reasons we should be on CST. Please visit this website and sign the petition. http://www.hoosiersforcentraltime.com
3 Likes: Bill Gardner, BrentTFunk, cmakin
Vertigo (Offline)
  #2 7/4/12 1:02 PM
The official sunrise today in Indianapolis was 6:22. I don't need the sun coming up at 5:22.

One vote for Daylight Savings Time.
3 Likes: Avon Open Wheel fan, jjones776, TQ97
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #3 7/4/12 1:20 PM
Originally Posted by REALDEAL:
Hey everyone... there is a petition going around to put Indiana back on central time. There are many good reasons we should be on CST. Please visit this website and sign the petition. http://www.hoosiersforcentraltime.com
1 for central time...

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Cel Cripe, Racer12
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #4 7/4/12 1:24 PM
The sun comes up the same time every day... Before I wake up.
Posted via Mobile Device
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, Cel Cripe, Danny Burton, dirtnonwingfan, duel, I Miss Manzy, mowerman, Racer12, Speedwrench, TQ29m
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 7/4/12 1:28 PM
Used to hate getting there one hour too early and leaving a hour later. Put the whole state on the same time, No matter which it is. Sheesh.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: I Miss Manzy, short track scott
ronmil (Offline)
  #6 7/4/12 2:04 PM
Originally Posted by REALDEAL:
I totally agree; I am a member of the organization that is promoting this, but haven't been active. My own highly unofficial sampling of opinion of race fans seems to favor Central time.

---------- Post added at 1:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:00 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Vertigo:
The official sunrise today in Indianapolis was 6:22. I don't need the sun coming up at 5:22.

One vote for Daylight Savings Time.
Think you misunderstood. We are already on Daylight Savings Time, but most of the state observes Eastern time while a minority observes Central time. Geographically, Indiana is a Central state, not an Eastern one.

Ron Miller
  #7 7/4/12 2:26 PM
I bet if you did this at a golf course you would get 0 signatures. I know who cares about golfers but I bet the golf courses would fight as hard against a change as race fans fight for it.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Doin' It In The Dirt (Offline)
  #8 7/4/12 3:00 PM
I live in Indiana and work in Ohio. Gotta be working by 5:30 am... Thats early enough for me. 1 vote to keep EST.
2 Likes: calistoga, Diggsy
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #9 7/4/12 3:47 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
I bet if you did this at a golf course you would get 0 signatures. I know who cares about golfers but I bet the golf courses would fight as hard against a change as race fans fight for it.
You are right. I think golfers are the only reason it was done. I already signed one. I miss racing under the lights. Do we really need it daylight at 9:30 at night? In this heat wave it makes the hottest part of the day around 6 o clock. If your on this site you should be against it.
DIRTRACER79B (Offline)
  #10 7/4/12 4:41 PM
im from illinois and i hate it 2! i cant get off work in time to get 2 some of the races in time.
2 Likes: sw1911