IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ISP1700 (Offline)
  #1 5/14/12 12:44 PM
Ok I recently read some posts regarding the Silver Crown series which is laced with a lot of bad iniformation and outright lies. So I am here to set a few things straight.
1) Yes the silver crown cars are changing to ethanol. A sponsor has prompted this move. The changeover car wise amounts to changing a nozzle. Thats it(straight from several car owners), theres no high cost modification needed. In return the owners will receive free fuel. Apparently some owners are upset becuse USAC isnt giving teams ALL the ethanol sponsorship $$(rumor), but why would they? They are running a business also. Owners are still benefitting greatly. There is rumor that several teams will not run, but nothing has been confirmed by anybody as of today. Many contacted are confirmed to be running though.
2)Bob Sargent was the driving force for getting the Fairgrounds track in condition for last years Hoosier 100. I know because I was there. The track was saturated the morning of the race, and the fairgrounds folks didnt want to grate the track properly(nor did they know how to). Bob went over there heads, got it approved, and went to work. He was the main reason the race was able to run, and might I add the track was awesome.
3) At no time has Bob Sargent said that he would cancel Springfield or DuQuoin due to low car counts at Hoosier 100(25 or less). This is absolutely not true. I just spoke with Bob who said at no time did he ever even consider this, nor did he say it. The races will run as scheduled, period.

I know folks like to post controversial topics on here. But you really do a disservice to the fans and promoters when unconfirmed or fabricated facts are posted.
58 Likes: 500BOMBER, apexonephoto, AustinSprinter, Avon Open Wheel fan, bandres21, Beer Goggles, bigq11, BrentTFunk, buck2, cmakin, crow, DAD, dirtball, dirtnonwingfan, doug47, duel, Dwayne, EBookerFan, erich45, FALCONEDDIE, fasterthanu, fish, gtownplowboy, IndyBound, interpreter66, ISF, jdadalt, Jhouts06, Jimmydiesel, John P Huss, Kansasdirtfan, Koonzee, Larry Welch, luckybuc97, mowerman, mtek56, Mud Packer, nedra_bahler_835@com, nemo65, onthegas7j, PARKS, PAW, PJ Wright, racefan20, randy j, redspotter, ronmil, scooter99, SCOTT M, Seadog, SHORTBUS, skids59, speed bump, SpfldMile, sportster1, SprintManDave, wing410fan
Seadog (Offline)
  #2 5/14/12 1:07 PM
You just ruined some people's reason for coming on IOW. They can't feel good if they're not stirring the pot.
9 Likes: Danny Burton, Drtchsr, duel, IndyBound, Kansasdirtfan, PJ Wright, ronmil, speed bump, SprintManDave
DAD (Offline)
  #3 5/14/12 1:48 PM
Originally Posted by Seadog:
You just ruined some people's reason for coming on IOW. They can't feel good if they're not stirring the pot.
Let's make it better. Good, Better, Best never let it rest : Until your Good is Better and your Better is BEST. There is always room for improvement in anything. Look how IOW as compared to it's predecessor, things can always get better cain't they?

Honest Dad himself
Seadog (Offline)
  #4 5/14/12 2:03 PM
Originally Posted by DAD:
Let's make it better. Good, Better, Best never let it rest : Until your Good is Better and your Better is BEST. There is always room for improvement in anything. Look how IOW as compared to it's predecessor, things can always get better cain't they?

Honest Dad himself
Do I agree or disagree with you?
DAD (Offline)
  #5 5/14/12 2:27 PM
Originally Posted by Seadog:
Do I agree or disagree with you?
Quote "It's all on how you look at it and study it and meditate upon it. Usually them that are for it are aganist it and them that are aganist it are for it" end quote (Dave Gardner)

Honest Dad himself
2 Likes: Jimmydiesel, SprintManDave
miledirt (Offline)
  #6 5/14/12 2:40 PM
Great post - thanks

Posted via Mobile Device
duel (Offline)
  #7 5/14/12 2:49 PM
as far as car counts go the old champ car shows in the 50's and 60's many would start with 16 or 18 cars for a hundred miles and the stands were packed.
2 Likes: randy j, ronmil
DAD (Offline)
  #8 5/14/12 3:07 PM
Originally Posted by duel:
as far as car counts go the old champ car shows in the 50's and 60's many would start with 16 or 18 cars for a hundred miles and the stands were packed.
There was less competition for the ticket buyer's dollar back then, and for some reason Drivers of the day got a lot more good publicity news papers, magazines, radio and even TV. They all had nick names or last names that people could remembered and they also raced at the local tracks. One class built on the other until they reached the top of the heap "Champ Cars".

Honest Dad himself
Honest-Sam (Offline)
  #9 5/14/12 3:13 PM
Question for ISP1700 - How many nozzles? And is the fuel free forever? Just askin'. Please advise. Not trying to be a wisenheimer, just asking legitimate questions. I was given some misinformaiton as well, when told that we bought our fuel for our test. This appears to be incorrect. My apologies.
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Online)
  #10 5/15/12 10:41 AM
I'm guessing the stands were packed in the 50's and 60's because they were Indy races and the cars had no roll cages and the tracks were prepared heavier than Track Enterprises has ever imagined. Just a guess. It's great to hear that there was no truth to the rumor about not running Springfield though. If that race goes by the wayside I may just quit following racing.
4 Likes: duel, ISF, John P Huss, K-Dawg30