IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirtfan07 (Offline)
  #1 4/20/12 12:37 PM
Just searching through my phone and realized that PA sprints have two apps to keep updated on all the races and results. Just wondering why Indiana doesn't have one, or maybe even some of the local tracks or series. I think it would be a hell of an idea
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #2 4/20/12 1:38 PM
Why create an "APP" when all you really need to do is type www.indianaopenwheel.com in your mobile browser.

This site has been optimized for mobile phones for several years and I think it works great.

18 Likes: agar, Avon Open Wheel fan, ByronMack, Ch138, crawfordsville410fans, davidm, dirt330, Drtchsr, Great Scott, IndyBound, Jackslash.com, jim goerge, JON'S MOM, Jrp4554, nowings4me, PIT CART, racefan20
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #3 4/20/12 1:48 PM
For iPhone users visit the website and then go to the box with the arrow pointing out of it. Then select "add to home screen". It will add an IOW icon to you main screen and when you select it it'll take you to the mobile site. There is your app :-)

Posted via Mobile Device
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #4 4/20/12 1:57 PM
Dustin, does it really add an IOW logo icon? If that is the case... I'm better at this than I thought.

agar (Offline)
  #5 4/20/12 2:11 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
Dustin, does it really add an IOW logo icon? If that is the case... I'm better at this than I thought.
Bill I just did it on my IPhone and yes it put a IOW Logo on my phone with the words Indiana Open under the app
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #6 4/20/12 2:40 PM
The thumbnail on the left is from the mobile version, the thumbnail on the right is from the default version
dirtfan07 (Offline)
  #7 4/20/12 2:44 PM
I agree this site works great, but I want something that will UPDATE my phone automatically and send me a notice.
Drtchsr (Offline)
  #8 4/20/12 3:41 PM
Originally Posted by dirtfan07:
I agree this site works great, but I want something that will UPDATE my phone automatically and send me a notice.

How much are you willing to pay for this service ?

Posted via Mobile Device
dirtfan07 (Offline)
  #9 4/20/12 4:07 PM
THe PA versions are free, but I wouldn't mind a couple of bucks.
MacTexas (Offline)
  #10 4/20/12 5:23 PM
How are the PA apps titled?