IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
hoosierhillbilly (Offline)
  #1 4/1/08 10:28 PM
I was looking at the schedule at Plymouth and they list USAC Regional Sprints, REgional Midget, Focus midgets and Kenyon Midgets. Any idea what USAC regional Sprints are?

The webiste is http://www.plymouthspeedway.net/schedule.html

Number three; You have the right to free speech; As long as You're not dumb enough to actually try it —The Clash
wbr (Offline)
  #2 4/1/08 10:38 PM
ssshhhhhhhh! its supposed to be a secret:thumb
Geoff Kaiser (Offline)
  #3 4/2/08 10:49 AM
Any idea why it should be a secret?? So only 12 cars show up and they never try it again??
wbr (Offline)
  #4 4/2/08 11:19 AM
I was only kidding about the secret.
I have heard talk of a regional pavement sprint series, 6 to 8 races with some simple rules to make it affordable for everyone to race it. I think it would help build up the pavement side like the local dirt racing does for the dirt side of the national series.
I hope they make it happen!:thumb
Geoff Kaiser (Offline)
  #5 4/2/08 4:04 PM
I knew you were kidding. I have heard the same thing about this regional deal but nothings come out yet. Any idea what the other tracks will be??
LRP36 (Offline)
  #6 4/2/08 10:11 PM
I have heard Illiana, Baer Field, Anderson, Plymouth and possibly Grundy. USAC is trying to give the pavement sprint owners some more places to run there cars instead of only a handful of National shows.
Geoff Kaiser (Offline)
  #7 4/3/08 9:28 AM
Originally Posted by Lowlife517:
I have heard Illiana, Baer Field, Anderson, Plymouth and possibly Grundy. USAC is trying to give the pavement sprint owners some more places to run there cars instead of only a handful of National shows.
:thumb Like those tracks!
chracing17 (Offline)
  #8 4/3/08 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Lowlife517:
So if that's the case, it will be a national quality show paying $1000 to win? I like the idea, but I'm concerned that it won't be cost effective for anyone but the big teams.
Ovalmeister (Offline)
  #9 4/3/08 6:00 PM
Originally Posted by wbr:
I was only kidding about the secret.
I have heard talk of a regional pavement sprint series, 6 to 8 races with some simple rules to make it affordable for everyone to race it. I think it would help build up the pavement side like the local dirt racing does for the dirt side of the national series.
I hope they make it happen!:thumb

The words "sprint series" and "affordable for everyone" should never be used in the same sentence. Kinda like "yummy" and "seaweed". It's just never gonna happen. :rolleyes:
David.
hosstalker
  #10 4/5/08 11:31 AM
I'd bet the horse's mouth on this is Don Kenyon. Give him a call and find out what's up.

I'm in North Carolina today but I plan to Monday when I get home.

I like the idea myself. Alot of the HOSS guys want to run some non wing stuff, but don't have USAC pavement schedule budgets.