IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirtshirt (Offline)
  #1 8/3/10 2:20 PM
A tragic accident happened at Malden,Mo. Friday night .A 4 wheeler got entangled with a late model pushing off .Any tracks that allowed 4 wheeler pushing off cars may want to rethink this .
http://www.midsouthforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=80153
Kevracer58 (Offline)
  #2 8/3/10 2:59 PM
Earl Grubbs RIP

I pushed our sprint car several times with the 4-wheeler, and I would only do it for my driver; it made me nervous even then.
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #3 8/3/10 3:30 PM
Unbelievable. My heart goes out to Mr. Grubb's family and friends and also to everyone who was at the track that night. What an awful reminder of how quickly and unexpectedly tragedy can strike.
sprntr (Offline)
  #4 8/3/10 5:49 PM
Originally Posted by dirtshirt:
A tragic accident happened at Malden,Mo. Friday night .A 4 wheeler got entangled with a late model pushing off .Any tracks that allowed 4 wheeler pushing off cars may want to rethink this .
http://www.midsouthforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=80153
Why were they push starting Late Models?

My thoughts to his family.
axsom#11
  #5 8/3/10 6:00 PM
We use to push start are sprint couple of times a week with a 750 4x4 ATV with no problems . Sorry to hear of someone getting killed.
Poorboyjocko (Offline)
  #6 8/3/10 6:55 PM
If you remember several years ago, late 80's or early 90's at Indy fair grounds a for wheeler was pushing Mark Alderson and became hooded to the rear bumber. The guy on the 4-wheeler bailed off and I think he may of got a broken arm or some injury in the accident. The 4-wheeler came loose and went over the 3rd turn wall into the parking lot.

Phil Poor
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #7 8/3/10 8:58 PM
What a horrible tragedy. Thoughts and prayers for all of the families involved. For the people in the grandstands and pit area, what a difficult time it must have been. A real class act by the drivers of the MSRA Super Late Model Tour for not accepting the money and donating it back to the families.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
darnall (Offline)
  #8 8/4/10 1:39 AM
Originally Posted by Poorboyjocko:
If you remember several years ago, late 80's or early 90's at Indy fair grounds a for wheeler was pushing Mark Alderson and became hooded to the rear bumber. The guy on the 4-wheeler bailed off and I think he may of got a broken arm or some injury in the accident. The 4-wheeler came loose and went over the 3rd turn wall into the parking lot.

Phil Poor
Seems like that happened at Knoxville many years ago too. I was told that's why they now don't allow any 4wheelers to be used at Knoxville except the ones the track crew uses to bring cars to staging. Could be that my source was wrong and the Indy mile deal was Knoxvilles reason.
I Miss Manzy (Offline)
  #9 8/4/10 3:18 AM
Originally Posted by sprntr:
Why were they push starting Late Models?

My thoughts to his family.
I could hazard a guess that much like a Silver Crown car,they push it so the car is moving when the clutch is engaged to prevent damage. My sympathies also to the family.
767 (Offline)
  #10 8/4/10 8:39 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to the family's involved.

I know several places use atv's and they make the show move along much faster. I think the people involved need to take a look at what they are pushing and have the front end modified so that this can not happen. Most ATV's that I see used at tracks have a very tall front bumper to prevent this, but I have seen some that just look like they are using the factory push bumper.