Seadog (Offline)
  #2 7/30/10 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR:
Saturday nite;
KC USAC
LPS $2,000 win
Lawrenceburg $1,500 win
Tri state MSCS
Eldora too. I think this is a real problem for sprints in the area. Too many groups doing their own thing. JMO.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #3 7/30/10 12:31 PM
Eldora
Paragon

Charles Nungester
Midwest Connection (Offline)
  #4 7/30/10 12:46 PM
Hello IOW friends,

TSS on Saturday for me, weather permitting.

Lincoln Park, Paragon, Bloomington, Gas City, Lawrenceburg, & Kokomo I do hope to visit some day. Will be my first visits to all those tracks. Always fun watching the sprinters and meeting and talking to my racing friends up Indiana way.

Have a good day...see you at Haubstadt with cameras in hand.

Rich - Arnold, Missouri
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #5 7/30/10 2:12 PM
Here comes the whole "quanity vs. quality" debate again.

I'll be at Haubstadt. Even if the car count isn't overwhelming, it will still be a great show. Plus it should be a quick program, which is a big plus with me since I have a 3 hour drive home.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #6 7/30/10 2:17 PM
Originally Posted by illiNOISE:
Here comes the whole "quanity vs. quality" debate again.

I'll be at Haubstadt. Even if the car count isn't overwhelming, it will still be a great show. Plus it should be a quick program, which is a big plus with me since I have a 3 hour drive home.
Depends if they throw in the two or three tractor shows. Only show I went to went to lasted till 1am their time

BTW, The racing was excellent

Charles Nungester
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #7 7/30/10 2:25 PM
[QUOTE=illiNOISE;186817]Here comes the whole "quanity vs. quality" debate again.
Nope, just stating a fact.
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #8 7/30/10 2:28 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Depends if they throw in the two or three tractor shows. Only show I went to went to lasted till 1am their time

They reworked the track at the last Haubstadt MSCS show over the 4th of July Weekend, and the sprint A-main still pushed off before 9:00 Central Time.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
2 Likes: jim goerge
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #9 7/30/10 3:18 PM
As i said last year! To much sprint car racing in in .& ohio
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #10 7/30/10 3:24 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:

The only show that's lasted till 1 am Central Time @ TSS this year is the one when they brought the track back, after having two inches of rain in a half an hour, during the middle of the program. Funny that you didn't mention that minor detail, Chuck. Or how about just saying something good about your track? You don't have to make a negative statement about another track to make your's look good. Build your building up. Don't tear somebody else's building down, to make your's look taller.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
12 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, JEFFSTOY, jim goerge, PAW, ronmil, Rpracing1, skids59, speed bump, sprintgal, SprintManDave