IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
aceace
  #1 6/10/10 11:55 AM
This is from Robin Millers mailbag dated June 4th (speed website)

RM: I would say you are very perceptive. Only AJ ran in USAC (Chip was CART only) and today's owners have no idea who Chad Boat, Bobby Santos, Bryan Clauson, Levi Jones (stop me) or Bobby East are or what they drive. Cole Whitt used USAC to learn how to race but always had his eye on NASCAR and now it looks like Boat is headed that direction. I took Randy Bernard to Bloomington the other night to see a USAC sprint car race but it got rained out. He met Levi and Dave Darland and I explained those guys would have been in demand at Indy 30 years ago. That's why we need new rules, open comp and cheaper cars/engines.
9 Likes: AustinSprinter, bobO, dirtnonwingfan, fasterthanu, FishBurger, Great Scott, jim goerge, onthegas7j, team3521
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #2 6/10/10 11:59 AM
Robin should take Randy back to Bloomington for Indiana Midget Week. He'll be tearing up that pavement and yard of bricks, to lay down two and a half miles of bright red clay.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
7 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, fasterthanu, Great Scott, JCC, jim goerge, Mud Packer, racefan20
Great Scott (Offline)
  #3 6/10/10 12:19 PM
Amen Jerry!
Speedwrench (Offline)
  #4 6/10/10 2:54 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
Robin should take Randy back to Bloomington for Indiana Midget Week. He'll be tearing up that pavement and yard of bricks, to lay down two and a half miles of bright red clay.

Jerry
I'm not sure, it was either Elmer George or Jud Larson who commented years ago that there was nothing wrong with the Speedway that a foot of dirt wouldn't cure. And I've never found any reason to disagree.
ronmil (Offline)
  #5 6/10/10 3:33 PM
Originally Posted by Speedwrench:
I'm not sure, it was either Elmer George or Jud Larson who commented years ago that there was nothing wrong with the Speedway that a foot of dirt wouldn't cure. And I've never found any reason to disagree.
It was Jud Larson.

Ron Miller
2 Likes: jim goerge, slide22
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #6 6/10/10 3:46 PM
Originally Posted by Speedwrench:
Originally Posted by ronmil:
It was Jud Larson.
And me. But, Boston Louis (who had procured my ticket) immediately replied that Jud had said it first.
short track scott (Offline)
  #7 6/10/10 4:59 PM
Robin please bring Randy Bernard to the Joe James at Salem Aug 14.
Posted via Mobile Device