IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #1 5/1/10 8:54 AM
I know most everybody will be out at a race somewhere tonight but if anybody is interested in what's going on at Beaver Dam and will be on the board tonight i can text a few updates. Probably won't be much to tell, i'm only expecting 2 heats and a feature. The midgets are running with the IRA and the Midwest All Star Sprints. If someone wants to give me a number i can send the texts to i will try it, if not that's ok.
Larry G. (Offline)
  #2 5/1/10 5:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
I know most everybody will be out at a race somewhere tonight but if anybody is interested in what's going on at Beaver Dam and will be on the board tonight i can text a few updates. Probably won't be much to tell, i'm only expecting 2 heats and a feature. The midgets are running with the IRA and the Midwest All Star Sprints. If someone wants to give me a number i can send the texts to i will try it, if not that's ok.
Thanks in advance.
racegal (Offline)
  #3 5/1/10 6:06 PM
Of course we're interested!! We are going to support our local racetrack tonight though! Rice Lake Speedway. New owners!
Thanks Tim! I hope you find someone to help you out!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #4 5/1/10 7:52 PM
tim said around 18-19 cars.

loyet fliped in qual. brad kuhn fast time so far. they are now on third session of quals.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Levi roberts is there in the clauson car. Zach Daum fast time. 18 midgets. 38 sprints. best he has ever see the track.
sprint heats now!

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

hess running wing sprint!

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

travis berryhill flips, contact with Rob Sceffler and David Robinson...

Gotta run and get a few things from walmart. will update whne i get back.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

heat 1 finish Rob Scheffler. 2nd a red #6 and 3rd levi roberts
3 Likes: AustinSprinter, IndyBound, Jimmydiesel
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #5 5/1/10 10:00 PM
Heat 2 bg wood nasty flip. he is okay!. about 5 twist rolls and ended up under the flag stand.

heat 2 finish hatton kuhn loyet erfurth

heat 3 finish daum beats hess by a nose wealti 3rd. davy ray pulle doff.(thinks he is done for the night)
amain next

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

amain line up
roberts scheffler
welti gough
hatton hess
kuhn
going green now.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

kuhn leads- hatton waelti hess. not sure how many laps to go!

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

BRAD KUHN WINS
hatton daum top 3...

brad pulled away on restart but before then hatton was all over him!
4 Likes: AustinSprinter, Jimmydiesel, racegal, SprintManDave
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #6 5/2/10 1:16 AM
Just got home from Beaver Dam. Thank you Devin for posting what i sent you, even though it wasn't much. It was a good night of racing even though the midget count was low. It's hard to send somebody texts from a track when you are talking to a buddy, listening to the scanner, spotting for my Dad and watching his video monitor and trying to drink BEER all at the same time! Don't worry, i will get better at this game!
5 Likes: Bruce Harrison, D.O., Jimmydiesel, racegal, SprintManDave
Fred Zirzow (Offline)
  #7 5/2/10 10:38 AM
"Kuhn nails Badger Midget opener"

By Bryan Gapinski
Beaver Dam, Wis., May 1---Two-time Series Champion Brad Kuhn captured the season opening Mid-State Equipment Badger Midget Racing series 30-lap feature Saturday Night at Beaver Dam Raceway. The event kicked off the 74th year of sanctioning midget auto racing for the organization, oldest in the country.
Brandon Waelti paced the opening lap while Scott Hatton passed four cars in the first two laps to take the lead on the second lap closely followed by Kuhn. Kuhn then took over the lead two laps passing Hatton. The pair pulled away from the field and had a sizeable advantage, when the events only caution appeared on Lap 10 for a stalled car.
Kuhn then pulled away from Hatton on the restart increasing his advantage slightly every lap around the 1/3-mile oval. Kuhn spent the final eight laps in lapped traffic. Kuhn driving the RWB Motorsports owned Beast/Fontana#17 finished 3.23 seconds ahead of Hatton, fast qualifier Zach Daum, Travis Berryhill and Davey Ray who started in last position. The victory was the fourth career feature win at the track for the Avon, Ind. driver. Series action continues on May 15 at Wilmot (Wis.) Speedway.

SUMMARY
30-lap Feature: 1. Brad Kuhn; 2. Scott Hatton; 3. Zach Daum; 4.Travis Berryhill; 5. Davey Ray; 6.Brandon Waelti; 7.Bob Schreffler; 8. David Budres; 9. Daniel Robinson; 10. Levi Roberts; 11. Eric Johnson; 12. Mike Hess; 13. Robbie Ray; 14.Brad Loyet; 15. David Gough; 16. Courtney Erfurth.

8-lap Heat Race Winners: Schreffler, Hatton, Daum.
Fast Time: Daum, 15.101 seconds.
Car Present: 17 Feature Lap Leaders: Waelti 1, Hatton 2-3, Kuhn 4-30.
*Loyet flipped in qualifying, Berryhill flipped in first heat, B.G. Wood flipped in second heat.All driver uninjured.

Current Badger Midget Series points: 1. Brad Kuhn 112; 2. Scott Hatton 101; 3. Zach Daum 101; 4. Travis Berryhill 81; 5. Bob Schreffler 60; 6. Davey Ray 60; 7. Brandon Waelti 59; 8. Mike Hess 59; 9. David Budres 53; 10. Levi Roberts 49.

Fred Zirzow
3 Likes: AustinSprinter, Jimmydiesel, SprintManDave
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #8 5/2/10 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
Just got home from Beaver Dam. Thank you Devin for posting what i sent you, even though it wasn't much. It was a good night of racing even though the midget count was low. It's hard to send somebody texts from a track when you are talking to a buddy, listening to the scanner, spotting for my Dad and watching his video monitor and trying to drink BEER all at the same time! Don't worry, i will get better at this game!
Tim,

I am sure you will get better with more practice. You have one of those down extremely well.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #9 5/2/10 1:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
Tim,

I am sure you will get better with more practice. You have one of those down extremely well.
I'm not to bad at one of those tasks ......for a little guy! But when multi tasking the drinking of BEER should be the one thing i don't do. It's also hard since it was Badger's first race and some of the cars i didn't recognize. Never went in the pits before hand to check things out and the pa wasn't over powering either. Not much to post with only 18 midgets but i will give it another shot.
darnall (Offline)
  #10 5/2/10 1:32 PM
Did they do a redraw or is it typical in Badger for the guy who sets fast time and wins his heat to have to start way back in 8th or worse??? Nice Job Duaminator.