IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Tony Stewart Racing (Offline)
  #1 2/2/08 1:23 AM
Just a reminder that Tony Stewart Racing's Tracy Hines will be featured on WISH TV 8 Indianapolis on Saturday, Feb. 2nd.

The segment will air at 6, 10 and 11 p.m. EST during WISH TV's nightly newscasts.

The interview, which was taped at the TSR shop in Brownsburg, Ind., with WISH TV reporter Jeane
dirtywhiteboy
  #2 2/2/08 9:30 AM
Tracy is one of the nicest people you will ever find in racing.

I am so glad he has made a comback in racing like he has.

It's nice to see a sports athlete on the news for a good reason and not some legal trouble.
Theokayman (Offline)
  #3 2/2/08 1:31 PM
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy:
Tracy is one of the nicest people you will ever find in racing.
Have you ever met Tracy Hines? I'm just kidding. I like Tracy.
Kirk Spridgeon (Offline)
  #4 2/2/08 1:43 PM
Great video on that deal. This is becoming one of the best comebacks I can remember in racing. Honestly, last year just had something missing without him, and he raises the level of competition so much just by himself...

I am looking forward to seeing him back in Tracy Hines form this year and hopefully going after some pretty big numbers on the USAC win list...
dirtywhiteboy
  #5 2/2/08 3:35 PM
Originally Posted by Theokayman:
Have you ever met Tracy Hines? I'm just kidding. I like Tracy.
I have had the distinct pleasure of meeting Tracy and his wife and both are a huge compliment to this great sport.

He was racing at Farmers City a few years ago with the Hoffman car and won the feature. I was waiting in his pit after the race and his wife and I had such a great conversation that night. I wanted to buy a shirt and bless her heart she tried her darnedest to find those shirts but couldn't so we had to wait till Tracy got there.

As cruel as this may sound, I am glad he got "bumped" back to USAC. Watching him drive a midget, sprint, or Silver Crown is just great. he is a smart driver and doesn't bonzai. Clean racer, very smooth and respectful of others on the track. That is a reason Don Moore has Tracy drive his equipment. Not to many drivers out there drive with their head and not their foot.
Dwight Clock (Offline)
  #6 2/2/08 7:08 PM
The WISH TV news is on now. The interview should be soon.
TQ97 (Offline)
  #7 2/2/08 7:19 PM
I agree....much like with his current boss, once you get to know him, he's a great guy. Spent some funny hours with him about 10 years ago hitching a ride back from Belleville.
Dwight Clock (Offline)
  #8 2/2/08 7:59 PM
Well, that was a wasted hour!:thumbsdown: