IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Gasman fan 50 (Offline)
  #1 9/7/09 7:20 PM
Lets say your left nerf bar comes off and falls onto the track. Is it a yellow on that car and that car goes to the end of the longest single file line? I don't think so, it's a safety yellow! Don't know the rule.
Joe
awnunn (Offline)
  #2 9/7/09 8:53 PM
Should just be a yellow for debri, and everyone stays where they were running.
turn4rob (Offline)
  #3 9/7/09 9:28 PM
unless your name is Swidell then they should throw you under the bus.lol
midgetmaniac (Offline)
  #4 9/7/09 9:53 PM
Originally Posted by turn4rob:
unless your name is Swidell then they should throw you under the bus.lol
And if your name was swindell ,it would not be your fault @ they would give you 2 extra laps to put the nerf bar back on. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
Kirk Spridgeon (Offline)
  #5 9/7/09 10:01 PM
At least in the ASCS, if you cause the caution, you go to the tail. Something falls off the car and causes the caution, the car in question goes to the tail.
Tim Clauson (Offline)
  #6 9/7/09 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon:
At least in the ASCS, if you cause the caution, you go to the tail. Something falls off the car and causes the caution, the car in question goes to the tail.

At USAC National races they state every drivers meeting "We do not identify parts that fall off of cars" Even if a caution is thrown for debris.

At USAC National Races they ALSO state at every drivers meeting that the are 4 things a car must have to compete A engine cover, A left nerf bar, a right nerf bar, and a rear bumper.

Not sure what the West Coast rules are.

Tim Clauson

W.W.B.K.D. ?
turn4rob (Offline)
  #7 9/7/09 11:22 PM
I'm not sure but dosn't the rule state you must start with those parts but you don't have to finish with them?
ROB
sprinter25 (Offline)
  #8 9/8/09 9:40 AM
Yawn...who cares...

The only time I've seen a car that dropped a nerf bar and caused a yellow sent to the rear was at Knoxville many years ago... Mark Kinser lost his nerf and was send to the tail....it's individual track/organization rules that set the standard.....
6565 (Offline)
  #9 9/8/09 10:14 AM
It is pretty much up to each track (local shows), but I always felt like the norm has been if it's off your car (therefore you caused the yellow), you go to the tail. That's how I think it should be.
DW Blair (Offline)
  #10 9/8/09 3:19 PM
Originally Posted by sprinter25:
Yawn...who cares...

The only time I've seen a car that dropped a nerf bar and caused a yellow sent to the rear was at Knoxville many years ago... Mark Kinser lost his nerf and was send to the tail....it's individual track/organization rules that set the standard.....
I don't know if it's the same incident you mention, but I remember Mark at Knoxville during a Nationals prelim (I think a Scramble) losing the rear bumper causing a yellow and then not being allowed to restart as the car must have a bumper for the push truck to push on (not allowed to push on the tank itself or safety reasons).