IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
miledirt (Offline)
  #1 9/7/09 7:46 AM
Here's the deal...taking my wife, (more like dragging) to the Haubstadt show on September 19. I need to find something she will like to do Friday night and/or Saturday during the day.

You guys who live near there should have some ideas about fall festivals going on.

Your help is appreciated
terrehautian (Offline)
  #2 9/7/09 8:35 AM
If you are into theme parks, there is one about 45 minutes from TSS in Santa Clause, IN. Three wooden coasters (in really great shape) and other rides. I believe it is in the 30 dollar range to get in. But once you are in, drinks are free and food is cheap and good.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 9/7/09 9:05 AM
Dale indiana has the boyhood home of Abe Lincoln. Holiday World is right down the street with one of the worlds best waterparks and two of the top coasters in the world (Not for the weak) but not rough either.

Free with admission is parking, drinks sunscreen.

Chuck

Charles Nungester
farriswheel (Offline)
  #4 9/7/09 11:29 AM
Princeton is having their Golden Heritage Days festival at the town square the weekend of the 18-20. Its not a huge festival but they have several food vendors, craft stands, and a stage where they have pageants, live music, and other things. Its only a ten or fifteen minute drive from the track, may be worth checkin out.
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #5 9/7/09 11:48 AM
Google Indiana festivals and look at the September calender. There are a ton of festivals going on in the state of Indiana during the month of September. You will have to check to see how close they are to where you will be ,but you should be able to find something.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
crow (Offline)
  #6 9/7/09 11:55 AM
Antique and craft shopping in New Harmony,In. Maybe a half hour from Haubstadt.
Al Pierce (Offline)
  #7 9/7/09 1:03 PM
Something called Sprint Car racing at Bloomington...about 100 miles NE. MSCS 5K to win.
3Cfan (Offline)
  #8 9/7/09 1:33 PM
Originally Posted by Al Pierce:
Something called Sprint Car racing at Bloomington...about 100 miles NE. MSCS 5K to win.

What a great idea!!!!!!
Gasman fan 50 (Offline)
  #9 9/7/09 6:07 PM
Take her out to Calistoga next year! Don't have to drive 90 miles to wine taste!

Joe
miledirt (Offline)
  #10 9/7/09 7:51 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas...keep them coming
I'm trying to make a sprint car fan out of my wife.

Anybody know a place, private or state park, that has decent to nice cabins nearby