IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
wtvwrocks (Offline)
  #1 5/14/09 7:04 PM
Click on "overnight storm leaves damage in Haubstadt area"

I talked to Loris today and she said the NWS was going to be by to determine what exactly it was and they did have some serious damage to the buildings by the house. If you are familiar with the track their house is literally right behind the pits and the grain bins are beside the house. The track sustained minor damage which wont impact any scheduled events.

http://tristatehomepage.com/

http://www.14wfie.com/global/story.asp?s=10360453
ClaytonYeley (Offline)
  #2 5/14/09 7:49 PM
wow. That's about too close for comfort, glad everyone is ok.
coachmeece (Offline)
  #3 5/14/09 8:06 PM
yea saw it on the news and was showing some damage glad everyone is ok
i was woken by the wind last night but didnt think nothing but it since i am 10 min east of there
glad all is ok
Great Scott (Offline)
  #4 5/14/09 8:27 PM
I am glad no one was hurt. Sorry to hear they any damage.
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #5 5/14/09 9:31 PM
My daughter & son-in-law llive just east of TSS, nice place for us to stay, no long drive home, haven't heard from them, guess they are fine?

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #6 5/14/09 11:37 PM
Mustta been one of them wang cars on the track throwing up a storm.
Glad everyone is ok. Pray damage is minor.
Chuck

Charles Nungester
IndyBound (Offline)
  #7 5/15/09 11:00 PM
Glad everyone is all right. I was in Indy Wed. night, met some folks that described a hair raising experience driving from Richmond to Indy, they saw a number of tractor trailers blown over on I70. My dog and I were woke up several times during the night when severe storms rolled through. I heard 24 tornados touched down in Indiana on Wed.. Hope everyone stays safe, it is an active tornado season.

Patti
ronmil (Offline)
  #8 5/15/09 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
My daughter & son-in-law llive just east of TSS, nice place for us to stay, no long drive home, haven't heard from them, guess they are fine?
Dan,

I started a thread about this tornado earlier today, but I didn't have a link to the story. It was mentioned in the media that the tornado was on the ground from Haubstadt to Buckskin.

Ron Miller
petey (Offline)
  #9 5/16/09 1:26 AM
Sorry to hear of the damage. Glad everyone is ok. Haubstadt is "The Class Track" for sure.
race junky
  #10 5/16/09 1:34 AM
sorry to hear about the damage does anyone know what all happened to the track