IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Joey Woods (Offline)
  #1 10/28/07 9:34 PM
With all the "new names" heading to the cup series, it makes me go hmmm. Isnt this what happened to the open wheel world namely Indy.
I dont really care but it seems its becoming, out with the Americans and in with the "new"guys. Maybe Im paranoid.
Dwight Clock (Offline)
  #2 10/28/07 9:48 PM
Not quite the same. In Indycar they were in their element, driving a type of race car that they were familiar with. A heavy Cup car is a world away from that and that is why none of these guys are setting NASCAR on fire. They're great drivers, just driving something they have never driven before.
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #3 10/28/07 10:44 PM
Tony,
I think it is all about trying to take NAPCAR international. Maybe one day we'll be lucky and all the races will be overseas. Anybody check out the Bush League race at Memphis? 117 laps of caution out of a 250 lap race. That's pathetic and apparently the Cup race was just about as bad at Atlanta. But I didn't see a lap of either race so why am I complaining? :kookoo2:
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #4 10/28/07 10:48 PM
If I want to see the "NEW GUYS"... I just go to a local SPRINT CAR SHOW! Costs alot less and is much more enjoyable!

Joey Woods (Offline)
  #5 10/28/07 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=Flatrightrear;15912]Tony,
Ive been called worse.:rolling:
Gasman fan 50 (Offline)
  #6 10/29/07 12:48 AM
Did you see the empty seats? So, maybe they are making a Global Nascar and they can stay Global. Making big Bullrings. The Economy is in poor shape here in the USA:kookoo2:.
D.O. (Offline)
  #7 10/29/07 7:51 AM
It's all about money. In 5 years NASCAR will be 1/2 the field you can't pronouce their names and more ride buying by sponsors for their sons like Menard is doing.

RIP Mr. Happy , He didn't pull out of a stall over the weekend while flying over Putnamville and crashes into the quarry. Very Sad indeed. Only his leather helmet & ascot was found by blasters inside the deepest part of the quarry. Very Sad indeed.

D.O.
:dologob:
FishBurger (Offline)
  #8 10/29/07 8:15 AM
Originally Posted by D.O.:
RIP Mr. Happy , He didn't pull out of a stall over the weekend while flying over Putnamville and crashes into the quarry. Very Sad indeed. Only his leather helmet & ascot was found by blasters inside the deepest part of the quarry. Very Sad indeed.
WHAT???? You mean to tell us that he tired of "flyovers" and attempted his first ever "flyunder" :eek: That's gonna leave a mark.
sprint 98j
  #9 10/29/07 9:17 AM
You mean the economy is bad?!!! But they keep telling us that we've had 22 quarters of straight growth and unemployment is way down. I just can't figure out why my sponsors have no money and my bank account is empty.
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #10 10/29/07 12:03 PM
Sorry about the name change, Joey. Sometimes I get my four-letter words mixed up! :doh: