IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #1 3/18/09 5:59 PM
:checkered:HOW MANY EVER SEEN A AAA BIG CAR RACE THERE?
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #2 3/19/09 8:57 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE RACING VETS.?:checkered: OR SEEN ANY RACE THERE? ROADSTERS MIDGETS?
dave (Offline)
  #3 3/19/09 10:16 AM
Went to a race there once. It had to be after 1961 I believe. Can't remember if it was a midget or sprint and it could have been non USAC. Do remember the track was terrible, rough and broken asphalt everywhere. It might have been the last show there. The whole place was in bad shape
snoopy (Offline)
  #4 3/19/09 11:21 AM
Saw what today would be ARCA. I was very little. I belive I saw some Hudson's and of all things a Henry J. Also saw a big car race, the only thing I remember was Wayne Alsbaugh in Howard Hall's fabulous duece. A Cadillac I believe.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #5 3/19/09 11:47 AM
Duke, my memory ain't what it once was, but seems like I remember, what was called Big Cars at the time, running the dirt half mile, at Shelbyville, In. That's been many moons ago, course now, its all horses, except for about a quarter mile inside, we run TQ's on. Bob
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #6 3/19/09 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by snoopy:
Saw what today would be ARCA. I was very little. I belive I saw some Hudson's and of all things a Henry J. Also saw a big car race, the only thing I remember was Wayne Alsbaugh in Howard Hall's fabulous duece. A Cadillac I believe.
BOB KING DROVE HOWARDS CAR ALSO! MARC WAS THE STOCK CARS!:checkered:
rcman (Offline)
  #7 3/19/09 12:09 PM
Went there many times. Also went to South Anthony Speedway in Fort Wayne In.
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #8 3/19/09 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
Duke, my memory ain't what it once was, but seems like I remember, what was called Big Cars at the time, running the dirt half mile, at Shelbyville, In. That's been many moons ago, course now, its all horses, except for about a quarter mile inside, we run TQ's on. Bob
THATS GOOD WHAT ABOUT FT.WAYNE?:doh:
TQ29m (Offline)
  #9 3/19/09 12:16 PM
Duke, we were lucky to have enough money to go once in a while at Columbus, In, to watch MRA, let alone a 200 mile trip to Ft Wayne! Bob
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #10 3/19/09 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by rcman:
Went there many times. Also went to South Anthony Speedway in Fort Wayne In.
YES WENT THERE FOR A MIDGET RACE 1/4 DIRT!:applaud: