IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
FOR4
  #1 10/11/07 11:49 PM
I just woke up from a nap. I am sweating my heart rate is high. I just took a hot lap at Paragon with Daron Clayton we hauled it in to 3 so hard that I almost passed out from the G-forces. Could this be something that could really happen? I do have a Visa Card. Good Night.
throb (Offline)
  #2 10/12/07 12:18 AM
it couldnt happen unless keith has decided to "REALLY" prepare the track............good luck with passing out from the "G" forces.......there are none at paragon!

Rob Botts
FOR4
  #3 10/12/07 7:22 AM
I loved watching Bobby Kinser Drive at Paragon he would fly down the straights slide up to the high point in the middle of the turns and fly down the straight again he never drove huggy pole on the bottom. I am sure there is a name for this method.....diamond or something like that........he made the track into two long drag strips and boy did he fly. I don't know how many wins he has there (hello Dwight) but I will bet it is alot He drove a black 65 when I saw this. Non winged of course.

Richard Murray
FOR4
  #4 10/12/07 9:54 AM
I am going to say a few things about Paragon Speedway. Never dought(sp) what Keith Ford is doing. He took a old Gambler and put a Buick engine in it and ran strong every week. As for as track prep and that stuff he has probably saved drivers thousand's of dollars on parts and repairs by doing the track the way he has. That track is scary fast and he knows it. I heard a story about Bobby Kinser and Dick Gaines.... more than once... they put up some money for fast time I guess Gaines went out first and then Kinser. Kinsers throttle stuck and he went into three and flipped all the way to the road not the pits but the the road by the corn fields.

Richard Murray

What ever happen to Alan Barr?
Seadog (Offline)
  #5 10/12/07 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by FOR4:
I just woke up from a nap. I am sweating my heart rate is high. I just took a hot lap at Paragon with Darren Clayton we hauled it in to 3 so hard that I almost passed out from the G-forces. Could this be something that could really happen? I do have a Visa Card. Good Night.
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about that LM race at the big E.:doh:
Seadog (Offline)
  #6 10/12/07 10:37 AM
What ever happen to Alan Barr?
Wasn't he the grader driver at the 'burg in recent years? Or maybe somebody that looked like him was doing it.
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #7 10/12/07 4:24 PM
I just woke up from a nap. I am sweating my heart rate is high. I just took a hot lap at Paragon with Darren Clayton we hauled it in to 3 so hard that I almost passed out from the G-forces. Could this be something that could really happen? I do have a Visa Card. Good Night.
Maybe I better ask Daron the next time I see him if he's ever considered getting a 2 seater sprintcar and giving rides.
RR>LR=LTO (Offline)
  #8 10/12/07 5:01 PM
This "dream" you speak of: PARAGON? No offense, Bro, but maybe you should think nightmare. It's not really what I'd call a "cowboy" track! Thoughts? Lay em' on me! :thumbsdown:
Midget82
  #9 10/12/07 5:40 PM
all the talk of cowboy tracks and D-Clayt brings Haubstadt to mind.....:thumb:
petey (Offline)
  #10 10/12/07 6:39 PM
I guess a dream of mine came true at the KISS finale at Haubstadt in July. Clayton vs. Stanbrough need I say more?