IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Vookie (Offline)
  #1 5/26/22 5:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOtOMWZt0TA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAVKalfSDOc
8 Likes: Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, Jerry Shaw, luckybuc97, racefan20, racenut69, Rpracing1, WinglessLovers
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #2 5/26/22 5:47 PM
His Tuesday video was spot on too.

https://youtu.be/uAVKalfSDOc

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
4 Likes: luckybuc97, racenut69, Rpracing1, wildman92
wildman92 (Offline)
  #3 5/26/22 7:01 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:

Yes!!

Jen Kelley (she/her)
5 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, racenut69, Rpracing1
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #4 5/26/22 8:51 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:

Absolutely.
3 Likes: Chief Wahoo, racenut69, wildman92
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #5 5/26/22 10:54 PM
In general I think he's correct, but I don't think it applies to the Terre Haute situation exactly. I think the promoters there have done a nice job of promoting the changes they've made to the track. I also think no promotion in the world is going to make a lot of people come out on a Sunday. It's just not a popular night anymore. Hopefully Terre Haute can get back their midweek dates again after Circle City showed they weren't ready for primetime.
2 Likes: ronmil, sc17x
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #6 5/26/22 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by dsc1600:
In general I think he's correct, but I don't think it applies to the Terre Haute situation exactly. I think the promoters there have done a nice job of promoting the changes they've made to the track. I also think no promotion in the world is going to make a lot of people come out on a Sunday. It's just not a popular night anymore. Hopefully Terre Haute can get back their midweek dates again after Circle City showed they weren't ready for primetime.
Agree and a Sunday reschedule is even tougher.
ronmil (Offline)
  #7 5/26/22 11:34 PM
I believe they would have been successful if they had kept the Wednesday date and ran only one night.

Ron Miller
racefan20 (Offline)
  #8 5/27/22 1:19 AM
Were you even at Circle City? I'm really interested to see if you are speaking from your experience there or just another keyboard jockey looking to tear something down. They had an already juicy track then got a heavy shower plus another 45 minutes of steady rain. At the point they finally gave up it was 8:45. There are residential neighborhoods within sight of the track on 3 sides. Running till midnight on a week night is not really an option. So tell me how would you have done anything different to pull off that miracle?

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
6 Likes: Chief Wahoo, jonboat15, rimrider69, sjracer26, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #9 5/27/22 4:23 AM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
I believe they would have been successful if they had kept the Wednesday date and ran only one night.
It is just my guess, but I would bet the reason the fair board ran Sargent out was to have more weekend races. For years the Hulman Classic was run on Saturday. Used to be on Wide World of Sports. Running during the week is really a pretty recent deal. Weekday dates are tough when school is in session.
8 Likes: captrat, chrismattlin, Gene Franckowiak, JordanBlanton, oppweld, sc17x, sjracer26, tirespinner
sjracer26 (Offline)
  #10 5/27/22 6:32 AM
after Circle City showed they weren't ready for primetime.
What exactly is your beef with this racetrack? You got tore apart with your clownish statement in the other thread and now you come to this one with the same opinion? I'd like to point out that Circle city the racetrack was being operated by Track Enterprises, the racing promotion company, for those USAC mid week shows. Stop blaming the track for bad weather and promotion calls that were almost entirely not their own. And to be clear I don't think any of them did anything wrong, they had saturated grounds and a busted piece of equipment to deal with. It appears you have some sort of vendetta with the track. There are plenty of other things to complain about these days, stop being a bad race fan.
13 Likes: Chief Wahoo, erich45, jonboat15, Kendall2020, Oleman61x, oppweld, PIT CART, racefan20, racinrich, rimrider69, tirespinner, TQ29m, WinglessLovers