IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bart (Offline)
  #1 5/4/22 12:27 PM
I'm looking for info about how and when Hooiser Auto Racing Fans gave drivers jackets. I have Johnny Rutherford's HARF jacket, which I will be selling for him at my booth at the upcoming Indy Memorabilia Show, and I would like to find out when he was awarded the jacket. If there was a ceremony or banquet are there any photos available?

Thanks for the help.

Bart
2 Likes: mc/rider, tirespinner
bart (Offline)
  #2 5/4/22 12:28 PM
More photos.

Bart
TQ29m (Offline)
  #3 5/4/22 5:01 PM
Bart, wish I could help you, my Uncle was one of the founders of the organization, but my connection was very limited, and he has been gone a long time, as has his wife, and I don't know the extent of his kids involvement, but they might have some record for the facts, and I don't know where they are now, like me, older.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: bart, tirespinner
racefan20 (Offline)
  #4 5/4/22 9:27 PM
Reach out to Bob Black I bet he could help.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: bart, tirespinner
HARFprez (Offline)
  #5 5/5/22 11:17 AM
Bart, I'm the HARF Historian and will investigate it. We did not have a standard for giving jackets, but a few were made & awarded.
2 Likes: EBookerFan, tirespinner
bart (Offline)
  #6 5/5/22 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by HARFprez:
Bart, I'm the HARF Historian and will investigate it. We did not have a standard for giving jackets, but a few were made & awarded.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

I would like the new owners of this to know the "whole" story.

Bart
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #7 5/5/22 3:01 PM
Could these possibly have been handed out when a driver entered the HARF hall of fame? That would make this an early 80s jacket.