IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #1 11/21/21 1:12 AM
What do you think. Does every tip over warrant a red. Do we really need to go red every time a car is upside down. I have mixed feelings and can see both sides, but what do you think.
mc/rider (Offline)
  #2 11/21/21 3:14 AM
Yes, track workers do not need the distraction of moving vehicles while attending to the driver and calling in safety equipment. Ninety percent of safety rules are signed in blood.

When in doubt Gas It
16 Likes: 95KART, Charles Nungester, cwfan08, erich45, interpreter66, Jerry Shaw, Offroadrace_814, PJ Wright, racenut69, RedRacer07, Russ, sjracer26, skids59, tirespinner, TNRustler, Tony74
markd (Offline)
  #3 11/21/21 2:55 PM
No. If it's a tip, slow roll, etc and the driver is not in danger of getting hit in the cage, leave it yellow. No different than a spinout
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #4 11/21/21 3:52 PM
Originally Posted by markd:
No. If it's a tip, slow roll, etc and the driver is not in danger of getting hit in the cage, leave it yellow. No different than a spinout

Yes always. Better safe than sorry, unless of course you want to assume that responsibility.
7 Likes: boomer, Hustlin-Hoosier, Jerry Shaw, mc/rider, PJ Wright, sjracer26, tirespinner
motorhead748 (Online)
  #5 11/21/21 4:42 PM
Yes. If a car is not on its wheels go red.
5 Likes: boomer, PJ Wright, RedRacer07, snowdrift, tirespinner
mc/rider (Offline)
  #6 11/21/21 5:07 PM
When a car flips several people get there asap. They need confedence to focus on the situation at hand without distractions. Id think the driver would draw comfort knowing the cars are stopped even for a tip over

When in doubt Gas It
3 Likes: PJ Wright, sjracer26, tirespinner
Jonr (Offline)
  #7 11/21/21 5:07 PM
It is tempting to just do a yellow flag. Especially, if the track is short push trucks. However, I remember seeing a fire fighter get hit at Tri City Speedway during a Midget Gold Crown event. I thought for sure that he was not going to make it. There was a car with an oil fire and he ran onto the track before it was clear and was hit by an oncoming car. It was very scary.
3 Likes: luckybuc97, PJ Wright, tirespinner
hoscalecody (Offline)
  #8 11/21/21 7:40 PM
Any type of flip whether the car tipped over or flipped 100% red. A tipped over car has a lot higher chance of fuel or oil to leak and cause a fire, than a car that just spun. With going yellow, it'd be much harder for the safety crew to get to the car.

Corky
6 Likes: 95KART, diversified, Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, sjracer26, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #9 11/21/21 8:52 PM
Always, safety comes first

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
8 Likes: boomer, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, PJ Wright, sjracer26, tirespinner
Rim Rider (Offline)
  #10 11/22/21 9:12 AM
What drives me crazy is that the emergency vehicles leave their flashing lights on when they are on the track and all of the cars have stopped. I was knocked unconscious during a flip at Putnamville in a sprint car. When I came to, all of the flashing lights really freaked me out. Anyone who has been in a racing accident knows that your adrenaline is really pumping and the flashing light do not help. EMT’s, thank you for all that you do, but as soon as you are out of harms way, turn off your lights. It will make everyone in the stands calm down too.
2 Likes: oldfan49, tirespinner