IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mc/rider (Offline)
  #1 5/30/21 3:54 PM
All other races want to be the 500. Wow

When in doubt Gas It
17 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, davidm, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, jdull99, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, nathans1012, oppweld, Pitdad, Puppy, racenut69, ronmil, tirespinner, Wingman
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #2 5/30/21 4:01 PM
That was a great race.
18 Likes: 95KART, chrismattlin, davidm, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, jdull99, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, nathans1012, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PIT CART, Pitdad, Puppy, racenut69, ronmil, tirespinner
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #3 5/30/21 5:36 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed the race. I know many on here rip on Indy racing but it takes some big stones to strap into one of those machines on a high speed oval.
12 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, oppweld, PIT CART, Puppy, ronmil, tirespinner
sw1911 (Offline)
  #4 5/30/21 5:45 PM
Originally Posted by Tumey's 55:
Thoroughly enjoyed the race. I know many on here rip on Indy racing but it takes some big stones to strap into one of those machines on a high speed oval.
Some would argue that it is a rectangle :-)
3 Likes: Bill Angel, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #5 5/30/21 7:02 PM
I’ve watched or been to the Indy 500 for a LOT of years, and that may have been one of the most enjoyable 500 races to watch in my memory. It was competitive, had lots of good, clean passes, and it’s fair share of drama. Helio’s win was probably one of the most popular wins in the last 10-12 years. Hopefully the buzz will translate to more eyes on Indy cars and oval racing (yeah, I doubt it too, but we can hope!).
22 Likes: BrentTFunk, chris jockish, chrismattlin, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, dirtracer74, EBookerFan, erich45, fish, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, nedra_bahler_835@com, Pitdad, Puppy, ronmil, Static, sw1911, tirespinner, wallbanger II
Wingman (Offline)
  #6 5/30/21 7:06 PM
Great Race today! The 500 rarely disappoints!
One question why does NBC have NASCAr guys on the broadcast? I understand Jimmie cause he shares a ride with TK. But Steve Latarte? I dont get it. Dale JR?
4 Likes: jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, ronmil, tirespinner
badcoupe (Offline)
  #7 5/30/21 7:15 PM
Dunno on the napcar guys either but indycar has a great formula right now the racing at most all tracks has been great the last few years. They don’t get enough credit in my opinion although I wish there were guys from our discipline racing
8 Likes: davidm, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, PIT CART, ronmil, tirespinner
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #8 5/30/21 7:19 PM
Great Race! Glad to see Helio get his fourth. Jimmie Johnson's carvana commercials were entertaining also.
8 Likes: davidm, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, ronmil, Static, tirespinner
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #9 5/30/21 11:51 PM
It makes me sick that after the race today we finish out the year with road courts races. Indy is missing a huge opportunity to take the lead in Motorsports with oval racing with how boring NASCAR is right now. If they would head to Kentucky next weekend and keep on the oval tracks their ratings would explode. Why won’t they do it.
10 Likes: chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, miledirt, sw1911, TNRustler, wallbanger II
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #10 5/31/21 1:39 AM
Forget Kentucky, how about Milwaukee like it should be!
15 Likes: captrat, davidm, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, jim goerge, John P Huss, jonboat15, Midget98, Pitdad, racenut69, rick42, ronmil, sw1911, TNRustler