IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #1 11/1/20 9:54 PM
Bloomsburg, PA - Old PA track coming back after 40 years.

Midgets & Sprints

Bloomsburg Fairgrounds in Pa just announced on rebuilding the old racetrack and bring back auto racing after 40 years. I look forward to seeing the midgets run when track is rebuilt. The track will be dirt when complete.

Pictures of the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds below.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
18 Likes: Bostonian, dirtball, EltoJoe, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema, oppweld, Pitdad, racegal, Rcar, SOROKACH35FAN, stp6237, TNRustler, treecitytornado, WinglessFAN, WinglessLovers
revjimk (Offline)
  #2 11/1/20 10:47 PM
Good news! That saves me about 2 hours driving to William's Grove, Port Royal or Lincoln
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #3 11/2/20 12:52 AM
Originally the Hometown of Johnny "Hot Rod" Heydenreich!!! 😁
8 Likes: interpreter66, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema, nathans1012, oppweld, SOROKACH35FAN, stp6237, WinglessFAN
oppweld (Offline)
  #4 11/2/20 5:58 PM
3/8ths or 1/2 mile?
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #5 11/3/20 12:20 AM
The pics make me think it at least used to be a 1/2 mile, like a lot of Pennsylvania tracks. They may, make it into a 3/8 mile for 2021. Not sure.
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #6 11/3/20 8:17 AM
I am hearing/reading it will be a 3/8th. Should be a good track for the usac east coast sprinters and the for the resurging ARDC midgets. Good news.
7 Likes: billw, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, oppweld, SOROKACH35FAN, stp6237, WinglessFAN
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #7 11/3/20 2:44 PM
Awful place. The surface was cinders. In the pits in the infield your face got scoured and it was impossible to keep them out of your eyes. I hope they are going to find some good clay and use the cinders for fill someplace.
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #8 11/3/20 6:25 PM
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan:
Awful place. The surface was cinders. In the pits in the infield your face got scoured and it was impossible to keep them out of your eyes. I hope they are going to find some good clay and use the cinders for fill someplace.
Sounds a bit like Grandview.
revjimk (Offline)
  #9 11/3/20 6:44 PM
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan:
Yea, I hope they get some good clay. I went to a cinder track like that in Canaan, NH.... not too cool. Its not around any more
Grandview is MUCH better than that place!
Spi-nex (Offline)
  #10 11/5/20 7:16 AM
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a "cinders" surface?