IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mc/rider (Offline)
  #1 5/3/20 5:08 PM
Outstanding job presenting 50 years of Silver Crown Championships. You are a true master of your craft and a great story teller. Thank you for doing what you do.

When in doubt Gas It
35 Likes: captrat, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, dkdorkboy, duel, EBookerFan, erich45, fish, Gregg, Hotrod, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, itsanonwingthing, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, markmckeon, openwheelfan1, opnwhlmnd, racefan20, racenut69, Rapid Rick, rg1, richie, rick42, Russell Ficklin, stp6237, tirespinner, tj39, TNRustler, Tony74, toprowjim, WinglessLovers
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #2 5/3/20 10:06 PM
Thanks Richie I really enjoyed reading all the history.

The original Ricky Bobbie even ran one of those years in Silver Crown and I had forgotten that. Think it was 1999 too lazy to dig back through. I saw him in Florida this winter.

The original Ricky Bobbie is none other than Indycar racer Rick Treadway. What a character. The only one I know who can rival Schrader in story telling.

His father owned the cars Arie Luyendyk set the track record in.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
fish (Offline)
  #3 5/3/20 10:06 PM
A great job Richie. Thank you so much!

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
3 Likes: EBookerFan, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
EBookerFan (Offline)
  #4 5/3/20 10:09 PM
Thanks for all of the memories you provided us with this project. Looking forward to many more in the near future of big car racing.
4 Likes: fish, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, tirespinner
K9Racer (Offline)
  #5 5/4/20 9:28 AM
Richie is awesome! Side note..... I rode from Belleville,Kansas to Indy with Ritchie and Mr. Pat Sullivan. That was a twelve hour history lesson. The detailed memory of all aspects of racing was amazing. Pretty sure they were all True stories.
5 Likes: EBookerFan, fish, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, tirespinner
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #6 5/4/20 4:11 PM
I have enjoyed reading the material that he is providing for us racing fans. Thanks for doing it on iow .simpley the best. Great job. Thanks. With all the great pictures that we receive from the racing events. What a hell of a website. Thanks for all the great things that you all do. God bless America and we will see you all asap.thanks.
5 Likes: EBookerFan, fish, luckybuc97, mc/rider, tirespinner
richie (Online)
  #7 5/4/20 8:20 PM
That’s so very kind of you all! I really appreciate the comments. What will I do for an encore? I still have all the USAC Sprint & Midget seasons to recap too. So, stay tuned! Lol
13 Likes: 2fast4u, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, fish, i love dirt track racing, K9Racer, luckybuc97, mc/rider, openwheelfan1, racefan20, STIDA.com, tirespinner, treecitytornado
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #8 5/5/20 12:48 AM
I'm ready for the Sprint & Midget Season Recaps!! Can you include the 4-Crown Nationals Results, when USAC still sanctioned the Stock Cars, then the Late Models? I know you already posted Champ Dirt Car Results.

Thanks!!