IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #1 10/14/18 7:49 PM
Anyone know anything about this race. I see it is on the POWRi website, but not on the track's website. Is it still on? What time are hot laps? Hoping to go to Kokomo Klash on Friday. Hit 2 new tracks on Saturday and Sunday to close out the outdoor season. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
3 Likes: Dirtfan, jim goerge, tirespinner
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #2 10/14/18 8:08 PM
All I can tell you is USAC is promoting the Jason Leffler Memorial at Wayne County Speedway in Facebook posts, so I assume it is still on.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #3 10/14/18 8:14 PM
Don’t have a Facebook account but I’m told the Southern Illinois Raceway page has a picture of a flyer announcing the race on October 20. I’ll be there, other than the DuQuoin events these are the closest events to my humble abode.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, ISF, tirespinner
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #4 10/14/18 8:16 PM
Just found it, hot laps 6 pm racing at 7 pm. Adult entry $15.
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #5 10/14/18 8:18 PM
Wayne County Speedway Illinois has a website. It is www.racewaynecounty.com. If you go to that site, the flyer on the page shows the Jason Leffler Memorial race as Sunday October 21. Gates open @ 2 PM, hot laps @4, racing at 5. Admission is $20, pit pass $35.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, ISF, jim goerge, nathans1012
wildman92 (Offline)
  #6 10/14/18 8:30 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Anyone know anything about this race. I see it is on the POWRi website, but not on the track's website. Is it still on? What time are hot laps? Hoping to go to Kokomo Klash on Friday. Hit 2 new tracks on Saturday and Sunday to close out the outdoor season. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Attached is a screenshot from the track’s FB page. We are making the trip west on Saturday. Also hitting up Wayne County on Sunday. We’re hoping to get 2 more races in before we call it a season (well, there’s DuQuoin in December...). Anywho, we are looking forward to a great weekend of racing!!

Jen Kelley (she/her)
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, racenut69, tirespinner
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #7 10/14/18 8:57 PM
Openwheelfan, I may be misinterpreting what you’re saying, but there are now two Southern Illinois midget shows this weekend. Saturday is at a little track east of Marion, IL (yesteryear home of Turnpike Speedway) and the other a Sunday show at Wayne County speedway off I 64. Sorry if I am reading your posts wrong.
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #8 10/14/18 9:03 PM
Brent Funk, I humbly apologize. I thought you were talking about the Leffler midget race, not the POWri race. My error.
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #9 10/14/18 9:42 PM
We're going to be there for the weekend, both nights,wouldn't miss it.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
5 Likes: i love dirt track racing, ISF, jim goerge, tirespinner, wildman92
Vookie (Offline)
  #10 10/14/18 10:04 PM
Will see you there Funk! After I get off work.