IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
teamfds (Offline)
  #1 12/7/17 11:39 AM
I just found out the 40th running of the Belleville Midget Nationals was very possibly the last one. USAC isn't sanctioning it in 2018 and the fair grounds will not be holding the event. I am thankful I was able to scratch it off my bucket list the past two years.
2 Likes: Kydehart, mc/rider
grader47 (Offline)
  #2 12/7/17 12:22 PM
USAC didn’t even discuss this with the track the track found out from second hand information as of October everything was still in place for 2018 according to Levi
TKRacing (Offline)
  #3 12/7/17 5:13 PM
Sad to see with all the hard work the fans and track put in the last couple of years. Another big event gone just like the Hut
ISF (Offline)
  #4 12/7/17 6:37 PM
I first attended the Belleville Midget Nationals in 2013 and 2017 was by far the best crowd I'd seen at The Highbanks. If the Nationals go completely by the wayside it will be very sad day.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
BrandX (Offline)
  #5 12/7/17 6:46 PM
Let's have POWRI put one on at little Belleville LOL
5 Likes: Daddyo, Rimrida35, Simon_says17, stealth43k, Task Force
Nate (Offline)
  #6 12/7/17 7:54 PM
So USAC doesn’t sanction it. Why not have it anyways?

If the money is right, sponsors are on board, etc. You can still put on a show without USAC’s blessing no matter what the track.

BOSS routinely draws more cars than the USAC Sprints, been to plenty of shows where POWRi draws more cars than USAC.

Granted, I don’t know what the track’s situation is as far as finances and so on but it would seem possible

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
4 Likes: jjsprt92, motorhead748, oppweld, PIT CART
brsteg (Offline)
  #7 12/7/17 8:16 PM
Without USAC or POWRi, they will draw about 9 cars. If that.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, dickster
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #8 12/7/17 8:36 PM
Originally Posted by Nate:
So USAC doesn’t sanction it. Why not have it anyways?

If the money is right, sponsors are on board, etc. You can still put on a show without USAC’s blessing no matter what the track.

BOSS routinely draws more cars than the USAC Sprints, been to plenty of shows where POWRi draws more cars than USAC.

Granted, I don’t know what the track’s situation is as far as finances and so on but it would seem possible
They tried that before they got USAC. It did not work. I don't know if you read the Bellevile recap article a while back in SprintCar and Midget, but I had a feeling after reading it this would happen. Wish I could have made it there with the old SWIMS series.
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #9 12/7/17 10:28 PM
Why don't you do everyone a favor and think before you post next time
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, Crankin, erich45, fuzzyracing, GYATK94, luckybuc97, maxrace7, scottyCbus, TBONE, tdt636
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #10 12/7/17 10:56 PM
I did. I'm disappointed there might not be a Belleville Midget Nationals and think it sucks how USAC didn't communicate with them. What's your point?