IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy 500 blackout
5/23/15, 8:08 AM   #1
Indy 500 blackout
dirt330

With the Indy 500 blacked out in the Indianapolis area is there any live streams to watch on laptop ? There are a lot of people how have physical problems that can no longer attend. Some members of my family are in this group. The radio broadcast has always been good BUT they would love to be able to watch. Any help would make my mother a very happen Indy500 race fan.

5/23/15, 2:10 PM   #2
5JMOFFATTFAN!

Gonna try myself tonight to get the rabbit ears to tune into cinci or Louisville hopefully I can get it to come in.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
5/23/15, 2:20 PM   #3
badcoupe

I know as a Comcast customer I can watch live online even though it's blacked out. I just hdmi my laptop to my tv

5/23/15, 3:50 PM   #4
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

Realize y they black it out.... But y couldn't they PPV the race in this area??

5/23/15, 6:48 PM   #5
Re: Indy 500 blackout
Stevensville Mike

Another option..... a little old school here:

When I was a kid, the 500 was never shown live. It was aired later that evening. What we would do annually through the 60s and 70s is listen to it on the radio with fists clenched, jaws tightened, and just waiting for the next turn of events to happen. Then, that night, we would watch it on TV to see the "controversial" things, or solemnly, the bad incidents.

Nowadays, I usually pull the vehicles onto the grass, crank up the radio in one of them, open the doors, wash them all, and keep the grill going. It is just as good as TV. Actually..... better. But like I said, I go back to old school once a year on Memorial Day Weekend.

By the way.... all stops during "Taps". Always has, always will.

Everyone enjoy the weekend.

5 members like this post: DirtHawk92, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, ronmil, Tom23
5/23/15, 7:51 PM   #6
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Another option..... a little old school here:

When I was a kid, the 500 was never shown live. It was aired later that evening. What we would do annually through the 60s and 70s is listen to it on the radio with fists clenched, jaws tightened, and just waiting for the next turn of events to happen. Then, that night, we would watch it on TV to see the "controversial" things, or solemnly, the bad incidents.

Nowadays, I usually pull the vehicles onto the grass, crank up the radio in one of them, open the doors, wash them all, and keep the grill going. It is just as good as TV. Actually..... better. But like I said, I go back to old school once a year on Memorial Day Weekend.

By the way.... all stops during "Taps". Always has, always will.

Everyone enjoy the weekend.
I remember my Dad listening to the race on the radio and then watching it with the family later that day. I remember that as a little kid I was always amazed that he would know who would win the race that day.

I also remember the first time that the race was shown live and what a big deal it was in my family.

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, jim goerge
5/23/15, 10:24 PM   #7
robert gatten

Could drive down to Seymour and book a cheep motel and watch race on
Louisville station.

5/23/15, 10:26 PM   #8
treecitytornado

We watch on Direc TV ABC West.

5/24/15, 11:53 AM   #9
oldfan49

The 500 meant everything to my dad.
Growing up my dad and I would listen to the 500 on the radio in the back yard (garage if it was raining). My dad has been gone over 30 years but I have still never watched it live on TV and probably never will.
I still sit with my dad and listen to it on the radio and DVR it to watch later.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy 500 blackout