IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Midget Week
2/27/14, 9:50 PM   #1
Indiana Midget Week
used to be

Planning to make some of Midget week this June. Can we expect to see any national sprint car teams at any of the events along with the Midgets? Also was thinking of stopping and seeing the champ cars Sat. night in St. Louis on way back to Texas. Never seen any dirt style cars on pavement before. Do they put on a good show there? Thanks for replies in advance.

2/27/14, 9:59 PM   #2
zeromotorsports

If you stop in st louis. You better come bt the shop

Johnny

2/27/14, 11:03 PM   #3
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by used to be View Post
Planning to make some of Midget week this June. Can we expect to see any national sprint car teams at any of the events along with the Midgets? Also was thinking of stopping and seeing the champ cars Sat. night in St. Louis on way back to Texas. Never seen any dirt style cars on pavement before. Do they put on a good show there? Thanks for replies in advance.
Sometimes the midget guys find sprint rides and pull double duty, but having sprints and midgets on the card anywhere in Indiana is a can't pass event, at least to me it is

2/27/14, 11:56 PM   #4
Re: Indiana Midget Week
racephoto1

You also never know who's going to show up. Great racing and great car counts.

2/28/14, 1:41 AM   #5
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by used to be View Post
I thought the Silver Crown show at Gateway was exciting last year. This from a guy who doesn't particularly like Silver Crown, doesn't like pavement races very much, and really doesn't like long tracks. In spite of that I really enjoyed it and plan to return this year. You should stop by and by all means go to the pits. You never know who you will see there.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
2/28/14, 1:37 PM   #6
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Where can I find a schedule of midget week ?

2/28/14, 2:29 PM   #7
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer View Post
Where can I find a schedule of midget week ?
You didn't ask, but I have included Illinois Midget Week. It will be run on four tracks which will all be prepared to ensure excellent competition and passing. Last year I thought that, overall, it was better than Indiana Midget Week.
ILLINOIS MIDGET WEEK - June 5-Jacksonville; June 6-Lincoln; June 7-Macon; June 8-"Little" Belleville
INDIANA MIDGET WEEK - June 11-Gas City; June 12-Putnamville (Lincoln Park Speedway); June 13-Bloomington; June 14-Lawrenceburg; June 15-Kokomo
If you can possible make both, I recommend it highly. Four excellent tracks in Illinois and midgets and sprints in Indiana. Hard to beat.
Last edited by dirtnonwingfan; 2/28/14 at 4:17 PM. Reason: Correction

4 members like this post: luckybuc97, Mud Packer, Stephen Cording, Steve Wendel
2/28/14, 3:28 PM   #8
Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
You didn't ask, but I have included Illinois Midget Week. It will be run on four tracks which will all be prepared to ensure excellent competition and passing. Last year I thought that, overall, it was better than Indiana Midget Week.
ILLINOIS MIDGET WEEK - June 5-Jacksonville; June 6-Lincoln; June 7-Macon; June 8-"Little" Belleville
INDIANA MIDGET WEEK - June 11-Gas City; June 12-Putnamville (Lincoln Park Speedway); June 13-Bloomington; June 14-Haubstadt; June 15-Kokomo
If you can possible make both, I recommend it highly. Four excellent tracks in Illinois and midgets and sprints in Indiana. Hard to beat.
Since when is Haubstadt part of Indiana Midget Week?

2/28/14, 4:10 PM   #9
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

According to usacracing.com and lawrenceburgspeedway.com, Lawrenceburg has the June 14 date...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

2/28/14, 4:13 PM   #10
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty View Post
Since when is Haubstadt part of Indiana Midget Week?
I believe June 14th is Lawrenceburg, not Haubstadt. I also noticed that the Silver Crown cars are scheduled that day at Madison, IL. Bad decision, if someone would like to attend both events.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Midget Week