IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Red Hat (Offline)
  #1 1/20/11 6:50 PM
2011 Chili Bowl on SpeedTV

The 2011 Chili Bowl will be on SpeedTV on Feb 5 @ 1:00 P.M. Central time for one hour. Enjoy!
8 Likes: AustinSprinter, billwill, dirtball, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, MRE 5, speed bump, TNRustler
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #2 1/20/11 7:24 PM
Glad to see they can cover 5 days of racing in one hour. That way "The Motorsports Authority" won't interrupt Monster Jam or Pinks!
11 Likes: AustinSprinter, buck2, DWX 9929, IndyBound, jim goerge, MRE 5, ronmil, SprintManDave, SprintRacer4, Steve Wendel, throb
bigmojo5
  #3 1/20/11 8:16 PM
At least it is being broadcast.
If enough people watch, maybe they will do two hours next year. Maybe advertisers will step forward. If not, maybe it will not be on at all.
2 Likes: dirtball, SprintManDave
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #4 1/20/11 8:31 PM
Originally Posted by bigmojo5:
If enough people watch, maybe they will do two hours next year. Maybe advertisers will step forward. If not, maybe it will not be on at all.
I know Jim, I usually try not to be too sarcastic on here. I'm not trying to come off as that "some people are never happy" kind of guy. I am glad it's on. I hope to Indycar have some success, and that can pave the way for a return to televised sprint car racing.
watkinsgrady (Offline)
  #5 1/20/11 9:31 PM
Originally Posted by bigmojo5:
bigmojo

I hope everyone will watch, but its pretty sad when 260 cars enter, the place is sold out for 5 days and the best the "Speed" chanel will do is 1 hr. I know its a money thing I just think its sad.

Grady
10 Likes: 11Chaudion, buck2, dirtball, i love dirt track racing, IndyBound, jerrydt, jim goerge, skids59, speed bump, Steve Wendel
I Miss Manzy (Offline)
  #6 1/20/11 10:20 PM
Speed TV:
Chili Bowl: 1 hr.
Daytona 500: 2 weeks nonstop.
Go figure!
3 Likes: AustinSprinter, IndyBound, speed bump
jim goerge (Offline)
  #7 1/21/11 8:17 PM
Originally Posted by apexonephoto:
Glad to see they can cover 5 days of racing in one hour. That way "The Motorsports Authority" won't interrupt Monster Jam or Pinks!
Don"t forget the real prize winning show Pimp my ride! What a bunch of losers!!!! Shows like these are just
2 Likes: skids59, SprintRacer4
cmakin (Offline)
  #8 1/21/11 8:48 PM
I noticed on the Speed Report last Sunday that the Chili Bowl got 30 seconds, but the Arena Cross got about 10-15 minutes in at least two segments.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
racer58 (Offline)
  #9 1/21/11 9:39 PM
Will they show any of the c or b mains? Probably just highlights I guess. On a side note 2 hours of Daytona testing on speed today, what a waste!
SprintRacer4 (Offline)
  #10 1/22/11 12:43 AM
The last two years it has been at least a 2 hour broadcast...this years Chili Bowl was probably the most exciting, action packed I have ever been to & they cut it back to an hour broadcast!?!?! Gimme a break!