IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BLASTER1 (Offline)
  #1 7/31/21 4:01 PM
A letter from Robin Miller to racing fans...
This morning he set the record straight. He’s always been great at distilling personalities, even his own.

https://t.co/bAN6rD9KRj?amp=1
48 Likes: 3R, addictedtodirt, beaner, bighd0522, bigvee, Bobv, Bostonian, BrentTFunk, captrat, chrismattlin, CRA91, Danny Burton, Deansnuts, dirtball, duel, EBookerFan, fish, hoscalecody, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jdull99, jim goerge, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema, LB, luckybuc97, mc/rider, mlamb, Mrs G, nathans1012, oldfan49, oppweld, Owen, PIT CART, PJ Wright, Puppy, racenut69, Rapid Rick, Rcar, SOROKACH35FAN, spicoli, stp6237, tirespinner, TNRustler, Tom23, TQ29m, wallbanger II, WinglessLovers
racenut69 (Offline)
  #2 7/31/21 4:40 PM
Prayers to Robin and his family....Sad news!

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
13 Likes: BLASTER1, jim goerge, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, nathans1012, PIT CART, Rcar, ronmil, Speedwrench, tirespinner, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
Deansnuts (Offline)
  #3 7/31/21 8:05 PM
I’ve never actually met you but I feel like You have been a close friend for ever. Gods Speed what ever that means.
10 Likes: BLASTER1, Bostonian, jim goerge, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, nathans1012, PIT CART, SOROKACH35FAN, tirespinner
Bostonian (Offline)
  #4 8/1/21 11:15 AM
I've always had respect for his knowledge and saying it as you mean it. I've always been appreciative of his efforts to promote the underdogs to the teams at higher levels. I know he's a big fan of Bobby Santos III and being from MA myself, that's pretty cool. I hope he's not having to deal with pain and gets to enjoy what time he has left.
11 Likes: BLASTER1, jim goerge, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nathans1012, PIT CART, Rcar, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Alsglide12 (Offline)
  #5 8/1/21 11:02 PM
Ive never met you Robin but the racing community is sure gonna miss you. Your love for racing is one of tge greatest ive ever witnessed in my young life..you have inspired me in more ways than one. My prayers go out to you and wow im shell shocked..
7 Likes: BLASTER1, Bostonian, Dougherty20, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, nathans1012, TQ29m
TQ29m (Online)
  #6 8/2/21 9:38 AM
Robin, we only met occasionally, and said few words to each other, you were my hero of sorts, then you got off on a tangent with the "skinny" cars, and I lost my favor of you, then a few years later, I realized you were right, and I was wrong, I just didn't understand, I had several friends that drove, back in the day, and did work for several on their kids go-karts, so I kept informed, but no one I was familiar with ever said anything bad about you commentating, finally, I figured out which side you were on, and you were my hero again, and still are, you made me look both ways before crossing the street, and as I became more involved with racing other then just doing it, I saw the inner workings that you were referring to, and why people were on your case big time, you follow the money long enough, and you'll find the problem in a lot of cases, Robin, it's been a trip, you've faced it all, and won many victories, let's pray you'll finish like you started. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
9 Likes: Bostonian, Dougherty20, EBookerFan, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nathans1012, ronmil, sw1911
ronmil (Offline)
  #7 8/2/21 2:34 PM
Robin Miller is the one, the only, the original and is irreplaceable.
Thanks for all you have done and I pray that you still have another column or two in you.
God Bless you Mr. Miller

Ron Miller
9 Likes: Dougherty20, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nathans1012, Speedwrench, sw1911, Tom23, TQ29m
sw1911 (Offline)
  #8 8/2/21 3:42 PM
Two words come to mind. One is character. Racing has always been full of "characters", and Robin rates as one of the best all time "characters" in racing.
The other word is fearless. He did not care who was involved, nothing stopped him from being true to his convictions. How many of his friends probably said "Robin you better not get in a pi**in' match with Tony George of all people, he will get your a** canned". I greatly admire a fearless character. May the rest of your life be peaceful.
11 Likes: addictedtodirt, Dougherty20, i love dirt track racing, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nathans1012, PIT CART, Rcar, Speedwrench, TQ29m