IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racerjim2 (Offline)
  #1 12/8/18 2:49 PM
Just saw where he passed this afternoon.
2 Likes: racegal, tirespinner
PIT CART (Offline)
  #2 12/8/18 3:08 PM
So sad to hear this, pulling into Gas City and not seeing him will be sad.RIP Bob
4 Likes: addictedtodirt, dirtnonwingfan, racegal, tirespinner
Checker'd Past (Offline)
  #3 12/8/18 3:35 PM
R.I.P., my friend.
5 Likes: Danny Burton, dirtnonwingfan, racegal, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
mc/rider (Offline)
  #4 12/8/18 4:18 PM
Bob Clausen ,a true road warrior.I salute you with a Budweiser in my hand. RIP brother

When in doubt Gas It
7 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, duel, jim goerge, racegal, racenut69, smith19, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 12/8/18 4:26 PM
I knew it was pretty serious by a few post I had seen elsewhere, but without confirmation from family I wasn't going to spread anything.

That being said, I'm truly saddened by his loss. Spent more than a few hours in the Clauson Camp prior to races and at a few Frolics including him and his after and of course a big howdy at every track we were at together..

Lastly I'm most saddened for the family. A class act, top to bottom. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Going to hoist a Bud in Bob's honor tonight.

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, mc/rider, PIT CART, racegal
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #6 12/8/18 4:37 PM
RIP Bob. Bob's love of racing had a profound effect on the sport when he passed it on. Thoughts with Monica, Tim and the rest of the family, and his many friends.
9 Likes: Augie, dickster, dirtnonwingfan, duel, jim goerge, mc/rider, nitrofunny, racegal, tirespinner
racegal (Offline)
  #7 12/8/18 4:49 PM
I am so sad! Bob will be missed by MANY!!
My sincerest condolences go out to all of Bob's family and his many many friends!

Bob, "I understand your leaving but the party just won't be the same".

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, SPRINTCAR, tirespinner
bigq11 (Offline)
  #8 12/8/18 4:50 PM
So sad to see this. It won't be the same to pull into most any sprint race and not see the Discovery already sitting there. Prayers for Monica, Tim, and all family.
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, racegal, tirespinner
Andrew S. Quinn (Online)
  #9 12/8/18 5:08 PM
I've had the good fortune to chat with the Clauson's at many different tracks,literally all over the country. RIP BOB......

22 Likes: addictedtodirt, Big Mike 7, bighd0522, Bostonian, dirtnonwingfan, duel, GlobalSpeedway Tours, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, jjsprt92, Josh Spencer, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, PIT CART, racegal, racenut69, spicoli, SPRINTCAR, Task Force, tirespinner
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #10 12/8/18 5:48 PM
RIP Bob. You did what many of us just dream of, living your life the way you wanted to, on your own terms. You will be missed by so many. My prayers to Monica and the whole family.

Frank Daigh
10 Likes: addictedtodirt, Andrew S. Quinn, Big Mike 7, jim goerge, Josh Spencer, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, racegal, tirespinner