IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #1 12/28/17 2:24 PM
2018 schedule for the only track in Michigan running sprints weekly. Open Sprints every Saturday Night w/ the exception of three SOD events, two of which will be back-to-back, Friday & Saturday Nights. The first lone SOD date is when GLSS is at Plymouth that same night. The back-to-backers are the same night GLSS is at Hartford and Plymouth back-to-back in their series.

http://butlerspeedway.net/news.asp?n=327

------------

On a different note, this is an interesting clip from the SOD website as their 2018 schedule starts getting pieced together - the second paragraph:

"The partnership between Butler Motor Speedway and Sprints On Dirt goes far beyond the SOD races at Butler to ensure a strong future for sprint car racing in Michigan as exemplified in the recent announcement implementing a common rule for the Butler sprint car class and Sprints On Dirt competitors requiring full containment seats in 2018.

Butler Motor Speedway has undergone several major changes over the years. One was moving the pit area out of the infield; another was replacing the racy oiled dirt track with the current watered clay surface. When racing begins at the speedway in the spring there will be another change, the track banking will be reduced by about one-third."

http://www.sprintsondirt.com/2017/12...eedway-in-2018

Back to shoveling snow.....
3 Likes: beaner, fish, Jerry Spencer
Wizard 05 (Offline)
  #2 12/28/17 2:33 PM
to bad we have to change yet another great Michigan track.. Screwed up I-96,,then made HArtford smaller now cutting down the banks..It was bad enough when they took away the old oil (had a separate suit that I only used at Butler) Oh well,, I guess like you Mike back to the shovel and blower.. Have to get then shop opened back up this weekend.
revjimk (Offline)
  #3 12/28/17 2:41 PM
I just looked at SOD rules...NO engine restrictions? So you could run a supercharged big block???
dirtracer74 (Offline)
  #4 12/28/17 5:30 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
I just looked at SOD rules...NO engine restrictions? So you could run a supercharged big block???
Yup. No minimum weight rule either. They basically run late model rear tires, with no size options on the left rear.
2 Likes: fish, spicoli
staggerman (Offline)
  #5 12/28/17 11:23 PM
Guys are buying $7500-$12000 older 410's and running right up front compared to buying a $30k 360 to run GLSS. Not sure where GLSS is going to get their cars in 2018 as they have separated from NRA and if you take away the OH cars there would have only been 10-12 cars at each GLSS show this year. I was skeptical of the small tires but it has worked out great. Can get several nights out of a set and don't have to buy several LR's to get stagger. Car counts are up with SOD, especially at tracks that used to struggle to get car counts like Hartford.
4 Likes: beaner, fish, PIT CART, Will Shunk
revjimk (Offline)
  #6 12/30/17 2:14 AM
Originally Posted by dirtracer74:
Yup. No minimum weight rule either. They basically run late model rear tires, with no size options on the left rear.
So does anybody use exotic engines?
staggerman (Offline)
  #7 12/30/17 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
So does anybody use exotic engines?
No, at pill draw they ask what size of motor you have. You can have a large exotic high HP motor but you can't get the power to the ground with the small tires so that has been the equalizer.
4 Likes: fish, Jerry Spencer, luckybuc97, spicoli
  #8 2/14/18 10:27 PM
Just saw on the American Ethanol Late Model Tour schedule that they have a Butler date penned in for 6/30. It's not on the Butler schedule though (yet). I hope Butler KNOWS this.

http://www.aelmt.com/schedule
MIracing (Offline)
  #9 2/15/18 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
Just saw on the American Ethanol Late Model Tour schedule that they have a Butler date penned in for 6/30. It's not on the Butler schedule though (yet). I hope Butler KNOWS this.

http://www.aelmt.com/schedule
Butler posted the following on Facebook at the end of January.

"Mark your calendars, June 30th the American Ethanol Late Model's invade the Battle Grounds. Supporting classes and general admission prices will be posted asap. Thank you!"

My guess would be no sprints that night.

*Insert sarcasm here. You might have missed this amongst Butler's numerous posts on their Facebook and website this offseason.
  #10 2/17/18 4:59 PM
Originally Posted by MIracing:
Butler posted the following on Facebook at the end of January.

"Mark your calendars, June 30th the American Ethanol Late Model's invade the Battle Grounds. Supporting classes and general admission prices will be posted asap. Thank you!"

My guess would be no sprints that night.

*Insert sarcasm here. You might have missed this amongst Butler's numerous posts on their Facebook and website this offseason.
Yes, I missed that, MI. I did see where they are lowring the banking, though.

Was there anything on their facebook site that mentioned the terms "bathrooms" and "improving" in the same context?

I didn't think so.....
2 Likes: Can26, MIracing