IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #11 5/26/22 1:06 PM
Originally Posted by dsc1600:
It might be time to cut ties with a track that can’t handle any rain and doesn’t have the capability to run a track (a small one at thaf) in after a storm with nothing but beautiful weather following. The week of Indy is a marquee time for USAC and this track doesn’t seem like it’s capable.
I wish you would put your money where your mouth is. Step up and promote a show. Any kind of show, let us know how you do. Stick to HH.
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nathans1012, racefan20, racenut69, tirespinner, TQ29m
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #12 5/26/22 5:04 PM
It might be time to cut ties with a track that can’t handle any rain and doesn’t have the capability to run a track (a small one at thaf) in after a storm with nothing but beautiful weather following. The week of Indy is a marquee time for USAC and this track doesn’t seem like it’s capable.
What a ridiculous comment. Capability of running a race after 2 days of rain. And then a 45 minute rain after 6pm. Come on.

As others say, were you there watching them try to farm / dry the mud track? Where were you sitting? Were you in Indy today to see all the rain we got Thursday?
4 Likes: Chief Wahoo, jonboat15, tirespinner, TQ29m
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #13 5/26/22 10:46 PM
Fascinating responses. We really have come to accept in this day and age that if it rains at all during the week or before a race, there is no choice but to cancel.

Did this have anything to do with it?

https://twitter.com/scott_ronk/statu...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #14 5/26/22 10:51 PM
Fascinating responses. We really have come to accept in this day and age that if it rains at all during the week or before a race, there is no choice but to cancel.

Did this have anything to do with it?

https://twitter.com/scott_ronk/statu...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Tell us how you would have prepared the track so they could have raced. What experience do you have at track maintenance?

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
3 Likes: jonboat15, luckybuc97, racenut69
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #15 5/26/22 10:55 PM
I think I would have started by using a truck that didn't break.
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #16 5/26/22 11:12 PM
Come on Fella, you can do better then that.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
2 Likes: luckybuc97, racenut69
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #17 5/26/22 11:12 PM
The track could have been ready fairly quickly. The problem was the push off lane. It would have taken a long time to get it usable. They are already dealing with noise complaints, so I doubt hot lapping at 10:30 or later was an option. I was there. They put in an honest effort.
5 Likes: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69, Tk04
Closed Thread