IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Iceman's Senior Night Hockey Pic
4/17/11, 3:34 PM   #1
Iceman's Senior Night Hockey Pic
TeamCGR

Ok so its not racing related but since we rained out all weekend, I thought I would share this with Coleman's adopted Brothers and Sisters of Indiana.

This is Coleman's Senior Night pic at home here in NY. Coleman starred on the Johnson City Hight School Hockey Team where he garnered All Star Honors, for being 5th overall in League Scoring. And, Coleman was chosen to participate in Canada with his Brother Grant for New York and the USA against some of the best Canadian Jr. Hockey Teams. They played for the Binghamton Badgers, where they brought home the Bronze Metal in a big, come from behind win against Nova Scotia.

Grant won Player of the Game in their first contest, "sniping" the tying goal with 8 seconds left. Coleman won Player of the Game in the Bronze Metal Game, scoring the Game Winner in the third period and for knocking the "poop" out of some of those Canadian boys..

At Games end, the entire Badger Team mobbed their Goalie, gathered in a big circle and chanted "USA, USA, USA"... It was pretty cool since we were in Montreal and those folks aren't big States Fans and weren't overly clean in the games or friendly to us "Foreigners" ...

Iceman is in Indy full time now for Racing this season, IF the weather ever clears...

Let's Go Racin!

Team CGR
Attached Images
Coleman senior night hockey.jpg (86.4 KB, 471 views)
Last edited by TeamCGR; 4/17/11 at 3:43 PM.

4/17/11, 3:50 PM   #2
Re: Iceman's Senior Night Hockey Pic
RGraves

Don't mess with Coleman them Hockey players know how to scrap!! J/k

Good luck this season CGR

1 member likes this post: TeamCGR
4/17/11, 4:06 PM   #3
IndyBound

Pete, thanks for sharing a great picture and story. Will be headed towards N. Y. in a few weeks. Hope to see you all this summer. Say hi to Jill for me!l All the best to Coleman with his racing this season, you have to special sons.

Patti

4/17/11, 5:28 PM   #4
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Congratulations to both Coleman and Grant! Thanks for sharing their excellent performances with us. Looks like we can play a little hockey in the States also.

I look forward to seeing the team racing in Indiana if it ever stops raining. Really enjoyed visiting with Frank in Florida.

4/18/11, 8:39 AM   #5
Diggsy

Big Congratulations to both Coleman and Grant for their roles in the team wins and for putting it to the Quebecers! Gotta take advantage of that opportunity whenever it presents itself ;-) Will definitely be adding some Coleman flair to our collection...anyone who can drive a sprint car AND pot the puck is a winner in my book :-)

4/18/11, 9:49 AM   #6
smith19

"puck" them canadians. go #14.

4/18/11, 12:06 PM   #7
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
"puck" them canadians. go #14.
They have ties to the French and you should know how the French feel about americans.

4/18/11, 3:41 PM   #8
TeamCGR

Spot on with that... Most of them spoke little English and when they were up 2-0 in the Bronze Metal Game, they kept singing "Ole'.. Ole', Ole', Ole'".. It was getting on our nerves and it fired up our Kids. Iceman fired the Game Winner over the Goalie's left Shoulder and it was "USA, USA, USA"... They hated that but it sure felt good...

pg
Last edited by TeamCGR; 4/18/11 at 3:43 PM.

4/18/11, 4:04 PM   #9
backitin

Cool man,
Jason Bosignore the guy that owns Champion Speedway in NY among others got his money from hockey. He was drafted either first or second pick and played for a bunch of NHL teams. He done well for himself, and I cant wait to see his new motorsports park in Watkins Glen when it's done. He's a total speedwaybike guy but I believe I have him talked into running some nonwing sprints when his bigger track is built. Right now I'm working on wall panels for the 1/8 mile speedway track at watkins glen, which is nice cause it gives me access to Champion Speedway in owego anytime I want to play with the sprinter. Having keys to a race track is good

4/19/11, 9:23 AM   #10
Diggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post
Spot on with that... Most of them spoke little English and when they were up 2-0 in the Bronze Metal Game, they kept singing "Ole'.. Ole', Ole', Ole'".. It was getting on our nerves and it fired up our Kids. Iceman fired the Game Winner over the Goalie's left Shoulder and it was "USA, USA, USA"... They hated that but it sure felt good...

pg
That "Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole" schtuff is one of the worst parts of watching a Habs home game. Well, that and all the diving their players do. If they're so interested in diving, maybe they should find a pool. Never been a Bruins fan in my life, but I am in round 1

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Iceman's Senior Night Hockey Pic