IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
miledirt (Offline)
  #1 5/30/23 8:16 AM
Who else is thankful and thinks it's a big, big deal that he and his corporation have the IMS
23 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, Dale, diversified, erich45, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, K92, Ken Bonnema, martz32, mc/rider, mtek56, Offroadrace_814, opnwhlmnd, RacingFan52, RACrappieman, Rapid Rick, ronmil, Speedmax3, Steve Wendel, The Old Coyote
diversified (Offline)
  #2 5/30/23 9:56 AM
Can't think of anyone else who had the resources and perspective to take on the ownership of IMS. Having Doug Boles in charge is fantastic, and it looks the the BC39 will continue to grow into an even more iconic event.
11 Likes: AustinSprinter, BrentTFunk, erich45, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, K92, Ken Bonnema, martz32, PIT CART, Vookie
MassiveRaceFan (Offline)
  #3 5/30/23 12:37 PM
I want IMS and Indycar controlled by people who have oval racing as their number one goal. I'm not convinced that it is for Roger. The world's greatest oval race should be part of a series centered around ovals, not road courses.
4 Likes: flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, Leohr46, Love dirt
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #4 5/30/23 1:42 PM
Originally Posted by MassiveRaceFan:
I want IMS and Indycar controlled by people who have oval racing as their number one goal. I'm not convinced that it is for Roger. The world's greatest oval race should be part of a series centered around ovals, not road courses.
Roger no dummy. I'd say the operational team that they have in place is second to none. Perhaps you would like to invest your Massive$ into IndyCar and show us all how to Operate it?
jdull99 (Offline)
  #5 5/30/23 2:20 PM
Originally Posted by MassiveRaceFan:
Unfortunately, there is no one that could do that, with the means to do so. Tony George tried for a few years and didn't have enough support; and that includes ticket buyers & TV watchers...sadly.

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
MassiveRaceFan (Offline)
  #6 5/30/23 2:24 PM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
Unfortunately, there is no one that could that, with the means to do so. Tony George tried for a few years and didn't have enough support; and that includes ticket buyers & TV watchers...sadly.
The IRL beat CART/Champ Car. Unfortunately, after the series was unified it became messed up again.
Vookie (Offline)
  #7 5/30/23 2:27 PM
Indy Car needs to race on board tracks.
4 Likes: 767, BrentTFunk, PIT CART, Rich Mersereau
mc/rider (Offline)
  #8 5/30/23 3:24 PM
Only one solution, Indy cars on mile dirt

When in doubt Gas It
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, flagboy55, MassiveRaceFan, miledirt, racenut69, TNRustler
MassiveRaceFan (Offline)
  #9 5/30/23 7:21 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
only one solution, indy cars on mile dirt
yes
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #10 5/30/23 8:01 PM
I won't deny that I despised him for firing Gary B. He is forgiven.
2 Likes: flagboy55, jdull99